News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need Advice

Started by mmd, May 20, 2010, 02:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmd

I think I've been stood up badly, but now I don't know and am confused.

I tell a girl I'm going to head out at 1pm after we set a date to meetup, she said ok, that day I was leaving.  I get to her house and she is not there.  Her car is but she is not.  Ok, I just drove 20 miles for nothing, and another 20 to get back home.

Now she finally calls me back wanting me to drive out again later.

Do I?  Or do I just pass her off?  I don't know what to do.

I feel stoodup, since she didn't bother to tell me anything until I got BACK home an hour later.  I don't want to get stood up again.
Brandon
Western Electric 302, 500

JorgeAmely

Dr. Jorge here with my 2 cents opinion:

Let her go, there are more fish in the ocean.

Jorge

mmd

It's been 4 years with her though.  Only lately it's been getting "rocky" between us.

Mind you, this is 4 years of friendship, not dating.
Brandon
Western Electric 302, 500

AET

I'd tell her you already drove, now it's her turn.
- Tom

Greg G.

Quote from: mmd on May 20, 2010, 02:39:57 PM
It's been 4 years with her though.  Only lately it's been getting "rocky" between us.

Mind you, this is 4 years of friendship, not dating.

Based on my own personal experience, being "just friends" with women who are otherwise available and eligible is a big waste of time.  You're a man looking for a mate, you don't have time for "just friends".  Just take a good look at what being "just friends" got you with this one.  4 wasted years and a total lack of respect.

As far as this particular incident, tell her to take a flying leap.  Nobody respects a doormat.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

HarrySmith

If it was me, before I tell her to take a leap I would set up another meet, and not show. Then call her and ask her how it felt!
But thats just me, I am a vindictive SOB sometimes!

Harry
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan

Usually, the just friends type girls are either extremely hot (as in out of my or your league)or they are users. Believe me, when you meet the right girl, if they are interested, they will let you know and bypass the "friendship" thing. Another classic thing to look for is if this type of girl perceives an increase in wealth on your part.

If you drive a new car now or she knows you got a promotion watch out.

I was lucky to meet my wife of 20 years when I was broke in dental school.

I think she is blowing you off because she  wants to stay just friends and she is stopping the date.

Like the others say, move on, but be nice, she may have hot girlfriends....
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

foots

Just ask her why she stood you up before making any decision.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Jim Stettler

You have known her for 4 years. Keep her as a friend. But don't expect her as a girl friend. It doesn't sound like she wants to be a "girlfriend" .

That's ok. just dismiss romantic notions and live your life.

You can still see her, call her and hang with her. Just don't plan on "dating her.

JMO,
Jim

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AET

I'm in a similar situation, and you're getting farther than I am.  I tried to get a date and I got a reply of "you're my best friend" now that's a relationship killer there.  I've only had a just friends thing become more once, most likely you're wasting your time.
- Tom

Greg G.

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on May 22, 2010, 05:22:03 AM
I'm in a similar situation, and you're getting farther than I am.  I tried to get a date and I got a reply of "you're my best friend" now that's a relationship killer there.  I've only had a just friends thing become more once, most likely you're wasting your time.

"You're my best friend" is as bad as them saying "You're a nice guy...".  It's a rejection.  Women don't want "nice guys", they want men.  If you continue to hang around and be they're "best friend", you'll get that AND NOTHING MORE.  And what "that" entails is they start telling you about their problems with the guys they ARE interested in (which isn't you), i.e. they start treating like one of their girl friends or like a gay sidekick.

Those are the cold hard facts based on my experience, not trying to be cynical or sound bitter. 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dan/Panther

mmd;
Don't waste your time, she will be a flake her entire life, and you will be miserable.
Even if she calls and apologizes, that just means her other plans fell short of what she expected, and now you are plan 'B'. if she calls, politely tell her you've made other plans.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AET

I figure if she wants a 'best friend' that's fine and dandy by me.  I'll just move on, there's a nice Russian girl at work that seems to be a little keen on me.
- Tom

gpo706

Get in there to that Russsian lass Tom, don't get dicked about with "I think you're a really nice guy, BUT..."
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

gpo706

Brinybay summed it up very well!
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"