"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Was this a good deal?

Started by LarryInMichigan, March 14, 2010, 04:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150421897691

I have been wanting one of these, but I am used to buying cheap phones in lousy condition and fixing them up.  This one appears to be in really good shape, but I am wondering why there were not more bids.

Larry

Wallphone

Don't ever try to figure eBay out.
Last week a nice 5302 went for $15.
$40 seems about right for this phone.
Dougpav

Jester

I think it's a good buy.  Prices are kind of cheap with Uniphones since most people consider them as common as 302's.  There are some examples--just as there are with 302's--that are the exception.  Finlover's No1 with the NU handset is one bidders will fight over.  The same goes for any that are Walnut Brown.  Examples with the chrome GPO dial seem to go higher than those with NE or AE dials.  Bottom line--it's well made & definitely collectible.  Who knows, it might have hit $100 if it were up next week.
Stephen

LarryInMichigan

Dougpav,

I have two 5302s.  I paid $12 or $13 for the first one, with an F1 handset, and the second, with a GF handset, was included with three sad old 500s for a grand total of $6.  Both 5302s needed plemty of cleaning and polishing, and the time I spent on that was worth well over $100.  Anyway, I don't see the Unipohones very often, though 302s are as common as can be on ebay.  I had been contemplating looking around at flea markets in Ontario this summer for one, but I guess that I can save myself the trip now.

Larry