News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What are your Favorite Cars???

Started by Bill Cahill, April 17, 2009, 05:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

Yep, diesel engines are very frugal things, though even modern ones can be just as frugal in larger cars, they may not have the same get up & go as a petrol engine, but they get the same job done, economically, and you don't hit traffic jams as fast to boot... :D

david@london

saint estate

McHeath

I don't know what it is, but it's sweet looking!

DavePEI

My favorite was also my first car, a 1970 Fiat Sport Spider 850 bought in 1972. I bought it for $250 after its former owner had rolled it and left it top down in a parking lot for a little over a year. Needless to say, it needed a new top and a new floor, and some bodywork - if I recall correctly the work cost me $500, but it was the best car I ever had as far as economy of operation.

Gearing down on the exit ramp from the 401 highway, it sounded like a real race car!

I would fill it up in Toronto and drive it to Brockville, the round trip costing me just about $5. Just the perfect car for a 20 year old kid to have. It was truly a chick magnet :) About a year and a half later, I traded it in on a used '73 LeMans Blue with white roof, same as the cop car in Smokey and the Bandit 1), and got $2000 for it - enough to pay for it, its insurance, repairs and all the gas I had ever used in it, still leaving money for the new car. Still,   I wish I had kept it.

I loved that car!

Funny thing is the next car I owned after the blue/white Lemans which replaced it was a '76 beige LeMans, oddly, but not intentionally, identical to  the cop car in Bandit 2!) When I bought both of the LeMans's, I hadn't even seen the movies!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

david@london

Quote from: McHeath on September 09, 2013, 10:02:19 AM
I don't know what it is, but it's sweet looking!

sorry, should've put more than just 'saint estate'........it's an estate version of a volvo p1800

dave - great fiat spider

rdelius

I had a 1969 Fiat 850 ,it would have been my first car but the rust was so bad i ended up with a 1974 VW 412. The Fiat was fun when it ran and it was not raining.Sold it for parts $100? was only 10 years old with 67,000 miles but it was too rusty for safety.Was a southern car too . The 412 was hard to get parts for

david@london

messerschmitt

AE_Collector

Actually a low flying formation of Messerschmitt'S!

Terry

david@london

Blimey !  ........send in the E types !

WesternElectricBen

I'm not old enough to drive yet, but if I did I really like the older Fords and Cadillacs. My favorite is the late 70's LTD or Cadillac 2 door.

I think I liked the Cadillacs because I saw them every day, a neighbor had one in their garage (old lady) and another neighbor had 2 in their yard. They have both seance left.

Here are two pictures I found on Google, its funny the Cadillac is from MN, where I live, though they won't survive a winter or the vynal tops a summer here.

Ben

Contempra

The ford LTD Ben i had one some years ago and it was a station wagon in the same color.  this car was a drinker :). yes a big block 400 4 barrels ouff .

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Contempra on December 05, 2013, 09:07:51 PM
The ford LTD Ben i had one some years ago and it was a station wagon in the same color.  this car was a drinker :). yes a big block 400 4 barrels ouff .

Yeah, they are terrible on gas. It would be cool to drop in an older yet rather efficient carberated Honda engines. Though I heard their carbs are not that great, but a good 4 barrel is never too bad.

Ben

Contempra

yess they were terrible on gas ouff plus this car was a station wagon but a normal LTD I don,t know .. I had another LTD 8 years a go but that was the small model with a 6 cylinder with a semi carburetor. I mean a PT1... kind of carburetor :)...

WEBellSystemChristian

I have to agree with Ben, I love Fords. My parents each own one of these, Ford F-150 SVT Raptor.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WesternElectricBen

Dang, that looks fancy!

Was it your dad complaining about 6 inches of snow? You could just throw a snow plow on that no problem.

Ben