News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What is "Tenite"?

Started by Greg G., October 08, 2010, 06:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fushigi Ojisan

Sorry to bust in on this thread.   But I am a new member who has come here to learn the ways of Tenite restoration from the experts
Fushigi Ojisan
Otaku with interesting hobbies

kleenax

Quote from: monophone_lover on April 04, 2018, 05:38:51 PM
Rey

Would u b so kind as to inform us collectors how to tell if you cast a colored mono phone ?

Rob
Rob, aren't you "Rob the Jeweler" of the Philippines?

Yes, I most certainly create Monophones of all sorts. AE1A, AE34, AE40, AE50, and soon AE2, AE4A, AE183 and possibly AE80 & AE90.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

monophone_lover

Yes that's me rob in Philippines the question was how could someone tell if a phone was created by you in the form of a colored AE.... least someone drop 5,000$ on something made 6 years ago in your back yard....
Rob
ATCA # 4057

kleenax

Quote from: monophone_lover on April 04, 2018, 08:37:54 PM
Yes that's me rob in Philippines the question was how could someone tell if a phone was created by you in the form of a colored AE.... least someone drop 5,000$ on something made 6 years ago in your back yard....

Ah yes; Mr. Pasquarillo, correct?  My records show that I have created at least 2 different AE40's for you: A Clear AE40 that you requested with plated bells and a Clear fingerwheel, and a one-of-a-kind Amber AE40 that you purchased on eBay from me. Unfortunately, you sold them to the JKL Museum and (sniff), they burned up in the fire :-(

I keep track of my "kids"!  Have you kept hold of your Ducati motorcycles? I also remember you asking for a quote on an entire colored set of AE1A's, but then I never heard from you again.....

If you ever wonder about a colored sets authenticity, just let me know, and I will ID it for you.......
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

monophone_lover

Thanks Rey. No I'm too old for bikes.... I think I got an AE 34 as well before...

This look familiar?  If it were not perfect it wouldn't be so obvious.... never the less great work..

Rob
Rob
ATCA # 4057

jsowers

Quote from: Fushigi Ojisan on April 04, 2018, 06:38:32 PM
Sorry to bust in on this thread.   But I am a new member who has come here to learn the ways of Tenite restoration from the experts

Welcome to the Forum! Check out this thread that John (Teleplay) just posted on Tenite refinishing.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=20164.0;topicseen
Jonathan

kleenax

Quote from: monophone_lover on April 04, 2018, 10:38:05 PM
Thanks Rey. No I'm too old for bikes.... I think I got an AE 34 as well before...

This look familiar?  If it were not perfect it wouldn't be so obvious.... never the less great work..

Rob

Thanks Rob;

the MAIN reason for my taking up this task in the first place: I got really tired of looking at all of those faded, shrunken colored phones, so began learning how to make them myself!
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Fushigi Ojisan

Quote from: jsowers on April 04, 2018, 11:15:10 PM
Welcome to the Forum! Check out this thread that John (Teleplay) just posted on Tenite refinishing.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=20164.0;topicseen

Thanks for the link!  I found WEBellSystemChristian's thread via Google, but wanted to learn more about the work. 

To be 100% blunt and honest, I am hoping I could commission someone to do tenite restoration for me.  I like to think I pay well.
Fushigi Ojisan
Otaku with interesting hobbies