"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Two Tone AE 80's & 90's?

Started by stub, March 04, 2010, 01:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

Stub:

The plunger cover in the two tone red is also red.

Jorge

stub

Jorge, 
          Go here and see if you can read 1.2 and 1.3  .   The AE 90's don't look as good as the 80's . Anyway we will know how to identify a  2 tone AE 80 even if the numbers are gone from base plate.  stub

http://tinyurl.com/ybgt4hl

Kenneth Stubblefield

JorgeAmely

Hi Stub:

I read the article and noticed the instructions for the field installer regarding the lift.

However, I honestly believe, that unless his supervisor was overlooking what he did, that they would not move the black lift into the colored housing. Let me know how many you find with a black lift.  ;D ;D

Jorge

stub

Jorge ,
           They probably had to , I bet the shell came empty. If you got the other parts you probably had to pay extra . Anyway, if I ever luck up on one I'll let you know.
            Did tube ever make it to you? It may work good after that trip! 
                                                                                                          stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

JorgeAmely

Stub:

As of Saturday, it had not arrived. Do you think the 333 tube will fit inside an AE phone or was it made just for a WE phone?

Jorge

Phonesrfun

I think the mount was pretty generic.  All that is needed is a single hole in the bottom of a phone.  Briny's AE80 had such a hole, and so I am thinking it was a hole that was there for that purpose.  Phone bases had lots of extra holes for various options.

-Bill
-Bill G

stub

Jorge,
           This tube , 333A by WE , has a 2 screw , pipe type clamp, included with tube - minus the 2 screws.  It came out of a 54 Leich telephone. I forgot what year AE bought them .
           If it doesn't get busted it might go back to working , how long , anybodies guess! 
           If you can't get brinys to working, I have the cap. ,and it is good , that bolts to his ringer housing. Let me know if he would need it with or without wires. He can have it for free , my treat!!  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield