News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

SC with built in Ringer

Started by Doug Rose, February 08, 2015, 09:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This went cheap, but where there was no inside picture so I passed. Anyone lucky enough to get  it. Where the dial blank should be, there is a ringer and the card goes in the top. Very ingenious....Doug

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261758377274
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

That looks like a SC 1191.  I posted about one way back: forum link.  The current phone came from the city where my grandmother's family lived.

Larry

unbeldi

Should I have to mention, that...
This telephone is the last word in economy, efficiency, and beauty—the result of several years of laboratory research and development.

[SC 1936 Bul 36J]

Jon Kolger

Like most of the S-C oval-base sets, these were made in many colors.  I'll try to get a photo of an ivory one I have around here and will add it to this thread later on.

Jon Kolger

Mine is just like Paul's, except that an overzealous very young collector (me) stripped the paint off the bell years ago and polished the brass underneath.  That was probably 35 years ago.  I haven't had the heart or the nerve to try and reverse my error in judgement.

Doug Rose

Jon....I think it looks great!! It would be wonderful if you good share some other beauties you have amassed over the years...Doug
Kidphone

paul-f

Quote from: Jon Kolger on February 12, 2015, 01:33:19 PM
Mine is just like Paul's, except that an overzealous very young collector (me) stripped the paint off the bell years ago and polished the brass underneath. 

Jon,

Did the gong sound different after the paint was removed?

Looks great.

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

HarrySmith

I like the polished gong, looks great!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Jon Kolger

I've never tried to make it ring.  Back in the day, nobody cared if their phones actually worked, they were just for display.  How things have changed...

Doug Rose

I have a black one that I purchased and it worked right out of the box. Great cloth cords, just a beauty. I bought it to use the ringer in another project and then realized what a cool phone it is. The Ivory is another story, that is stunning. I do like the Brass gong...Doug
Kidphone