Telephone Identification, Repair & Restoration > Telephone Troubleshooting and Repair

Wiring a 202 with 5 wires to a 685A Subset

(1/6) > >>

gands-antiques:
I need help wiring a 202 with 5 wires to a 685A subset.

The 202 has 5 wires and I need to connect them to a 685A subset.

The 5 wires coming from the phone are white, green, yellow, red and black but the terminals on the subset are 1, 2, K, L1, L2 & G.

Can someone please tell me the correct way to connect the wires from the 5 wires from the phone to the 85A subset?

I also have a wall module plug/cord but it only has two wires,,,red and green.

Thanks

Phonesrfun:
Here is alink to a diagram in the TCI library:

http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=2138&Itemid=27

Understand that your line cord has different colors than the diagram for the line cord.  Don't assume that the red, green and yellows of your line cord are connected the same as the red, green and yellows in the diagram.  Check them all out from the diagram, and translate accordingly.

gands-antiques:
I had already located and viewed the WE schematics on the site you provided but I couldn't figure it out for my subset.

Is there anyway to get a color conversion of the 5 phone wires... white, green, yellow, red and black to the 1, 2, K, L1, L2 & G terminals on the subset..

Thanks a lot!!

Phonesrfun:
I guess I or someone else will need ti talk you through it.  In order to do that, however, I will need to know how each wire of the line cord is connected inside the 202 body.  I could guess, but to be absolutely sure, I will either need you to tell me or take a good photo and post it.

Remember that the 685a subset came out about 30 years after the 202, so the wiring is non- standard.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

gands-antiques:
Bill,

Thanks for the welcome.  I really appreciate your help. 

The 5 wires coming from the phone are white, green, yellow, red and black.

The terminals on the subset (when looking at it with the bells away from you are from right to left
are 1, 2, K, L1, L2 & G.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version