News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Seimons Brothers 312

Started by rdelius, March 04, 2011, 02:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdelius

I might be looking for an induction coil for this set. Somebody cut most of the wires and wired it in series.
Robby

gpo706

Thats a nice set, I like the sharper lines compared to a 162/232.

This might be of some help -

http://www.britishtelephones.com/siemensb/312.htm
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

rdelius

I used that site to find a diagram to put the wireing in order. The induction coil is good, need to find some of the nuts for the terminal assy and the wireing harness for the dial.Found GEC on the hookswitch plunger so I believe it is a replacement. The other bakelite parts are Seimons Brothers.
Some day I need to find a place to set up my 3/4 hp Baldor buffer and polish it.
Robby

GG

Siemens Neophone, Canadian version.  Excellent find.  I didn't know they used those up there, though the wall sets are common enough.   BTW, the correct spelling is "Siemens," and if you search on "Seimons"(incorrect spelling) you won't find anything.

Question: did they remove the coil or damage it in a manner that's not possible to repair? 

If all they did was cut the wiring harnesses and remove the internal wiring to get the terminals free to misuse, the wiring can be easily reconstructed once you have schematics.  Ideal case is for someone else who has one to post a duplicate of the wiring diagram.

It will probably be slightly different to the usual UK version, and the major difference will be how the ringer is wired.  That shouldn't affect the coil & condenser in the speech circuit. 

I have an Australian PMG 232 with integral bellset; that may be similar enough that the wiring information could be useful.