"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Princess Phone number plates

Started by stopthemachine, March 09, 2011, 01:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stopthemachine

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could tell me if these Princess phone number plates would work for my 1965, 702B Princess:

http://tinyurl.com/5tww9av

Thanks, and I greatly appreciate it. 
(I don't want to purchase any if they aren't going to fit my phone right.)
Dan

Adam

I advise against purchasing these.  I bought a few, they are poorly made reproductions.  They do not look authentic at all.

Attached below is the picture from the eBay auction.  I can't attach a picture of the ones I received because they were so crappy I threw them away.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Adam

Here's a comparison of the repro dial plate and a real Princess dial.

Notice the letters are taller and narrower on the repro, and the numerals are the totally wrong font, look especially at the 1, 6 and 9.  Also, the word OPERATOR is totally different.
Adam Forrest
C*Net 1-383-4820

stopthemachine

Wow!

I really appreciate the advice.  I asked the seller a question several days ago: what brand are they, will they fit my particular Princess phone... I found it quite curious that I hadn't received a response. 

Thanks again--any idea where I can get a couple real ones for a reasonable price?  :)

rdelius

At COT we had some of those plates. They were real but were made later as universal replacements and would fit the later dials.They worked on the older dia;s as well but did not look the same.
Robby

Adam

In the past I've had Princess dial number plates that were cracked and one I ruined while trying to clean it.  I just replaced the whole dial.  They come up occasionally inexpensively on eBay, or you can watch for a cheap full junker set and use the dial out of it.
Adam Forrest
C*Net 1-383-4820