News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Check out those Black 302s Closely

Started by Doug Rose, January 03, 2010, 11:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

As you know, there are always a plethora of Black 302s on eBay. Since they were the workhorse of the Bell System from 1937 to well into the 50s, supply is always well over demand. BUT>>>its always worth it to check them out closely. A few years ago I found this on eBay for $20.00. It was a really poor picture, with the handset on the cradle. I thought I saw something under the cradle. Seller did not answer my questions and the auction did go to the end. Phone was filthy, but it was well worth the cleanup. A wonderful WE Partyline 302 with all the white lettering intact. Right hookswitch pulls up.(to listen in to your neighbors). I guess they didn't get many calls!  ....Kidphone
Kidphone

gpo706

This side of the pond, we called them "party lines" shared one with my neighbour 3 doors down for years, and I wish I could find a 302 here if they are that overlooked in the States, you folk are really spoilt for buys there!
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Babybearjs

I got one of these off of ebay last year, the case was so warped that I had to replace it with a plain 302 shell and used a labeler to remake the "lift to talk" phrase. these phones were the 302AA or AC series partyline phones. I love mine, its a keeper!  John
John

Doug Rose

John...they are cool phones for sure. Very hard to find in good condition. It is my favorite 302 variation.....Doug
Kidphone