News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Here is a Deal $13 for a WE Number Card Retainer Ring - Phonecoinc

Started by Doug Rose, May 17, 2016, 07:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

$12.95 for a WE retainer ring and $8.28 Economy Shipping....just the retainer ring. How many do you want?

http://tinyurl.com/zob92zh
Kidphone

TelePlay

I feel a thick coating of sarcasm on that post, Doug.

Actually, that's the Phonecoinc re-seller, but at least they didn't put up a micro image as in the past.

And there are more than 10 available.

The $8.10 shipping (to me in Wisconsin) puzzles me. Seems a bubble envelop would put the first class postage at $2.54.

poplar1

Only 15 available. $14.06 shipping. Don't know why they would send this Parcel Select. Up to 15.99 oz. can be shipped 1st Class (Domestic) if label is printed online, for $3.65 or less, or up to 12 ounces at the retail counter.

US $14.06 for quantity 15

United States

Economy Shipping (USPS Parcel Select Ground®)
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

andre_janew

Doug Rose

Kidphone

AL_as_needed

Upon further inspection, you'll notice they are in fact ceremonial dial center retainers, used for high profile and high publicity phone calls (as seen below when Eisenhower made his historic first take-out order via phone from the White House, note the menu on his desk). These rarely make it into the market as most are on display at various presidential libraries or preserved in private collections. I'm shocked they are still even up for sale, clearly this seller does not know what they have!

;D at 12.95$ a 500 set should come attached to it.
TWinbrook7

oldguy

I'm sure we have all bought dial card holders with phones attached for less tan that's!
Gary

unbeldi

Quote from: oldguy on May 19, 2016, 09:29:02 AM
I'm sure we have all bought dial card holders with phones attached for less tan that's!

Or for more, as I just did.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

unbeldi

TelePlay

Having looked for these a short while ago and remembering what sellers wanted for just one ring and backing plate, that was a good deal. 7 for $20 total is $3 each, even if in not the best condition, so not bad.

I've always wondered where all those number card holds went from quite a few 302s and early 500s with metal dial not having them . . .  ;)

mazda_matt

Just added these up:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/122259203888?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

They have some dents, but are otherwise good usable rings.

They have been powder coated black.

$15.95 + $3.00 Shipping

$2.40 per Ring
oldphoneworks.com
1-800-843-1320

Coupon Code - CRF10 (10% off)

poplar1

Quote from: unbeldi on December 07, 2016, 12:29:30 PM
Using plastic labeling tape is also not P.C.

It was standard operating procedure (black tape with white figures) for Bell Canada 3-slot pay phones in the 70s.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

unbeldi

Quote from: poplar1 on December 07, 2016, 05:17:58 PM
It was standard operating procedure (black tape with white figures) for Bell Canada 3-slot pay phones in the 70s.

I also have seen many CO test boards and portable equipment labeled that way.