Find of the Month - June 2013

Started by AE_Collector, June 06, 2013, 03:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - June 2013

DavePEI's pair of chrome NECo 233 3-slot Payphones $150 delivered
4 (15.4%)
Zaphod01's 1952 TA236/FT Signal Corps phone $5 on eBay
7 (26.9%)
WesternElectricBen's haul from Lancaster 16 or more phones for close enough to free
14 (53.8%)
LM Ericsson's Rd Soft Plastic WE500 with fat gray coil cord $55.
8 (30.8%)
Southernphoneman's ITT 500 for $5
2 (7.7%)
Gilas' Mediterranean Blue with Gray cord off Ebay for $33.33
20 (76.9%)
Sargeguy's Western Electric 20-AP $39.99
6 (23.1%)
Tptech302's Magicall Dialler for $26 plus shipping on ebay
3 (11.5%)
JohnS' Stromberg Carlson top box
4 (15.4%)
Babybearjs' 302 Dictograph (?) set
2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: xhausted110 on June 10, 2013, 08:11:53 PM
nice meeting you Ben! hope you have fun making that computer into a nice asterisk box!

It was nice meeting you too. I cant wait untill its done!

AE40FAN

Hey Ben,

You got a nice score there!  I'm jealous...especially of the rose beige 500...it looks mint!  I'm still looking for one.   You should definitely post more pictures of your find.  I'm sure we'd all like to see.  You wouldn't be bragging I'd say It's exciting.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: AE40FAN on June 12, 2013, 12:35:29 PM
Hey Ben,

You got a nice score there!  I'm jealous...especially of the rose beige 500...it looks mint!  I'm still looking for one.   You should definitely post more pictures of your find.  I'm sure we'd all like to see.  You wouldn't be bragging I'd say It's exciting.

Its actualy not perfect, it has a crack from the handset rest to the dial piece. Though its still a great phone from a great person!! Thanks!
Ben

zaphod01

Here's the $5 1952 TA-236/FT after recoiling the handset cord and adding a Signal Corps dial card.

"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse." - Humphrey Bogart

LM Ericsson

I will nominate my red soft plastic WE 500 with fat gray coil cord purchased for $55.
Regards,
-Grayson

AE40FAN

Quote from: LM Ericsson on June 12, 2013, 08:02:45 PM
I will nominate my red soft plastic WE 500 with fat gray coil cord purchased for $55.

That's a nice looking phone!  Where did you end up finding it?

southernphoneman

I will nominate my ITT 500 that I picked up from my local pickers for $5.00.

LM Ericsson

Quote from: AE40FAN on June 13, 2013, 03:05:54 PM
Quote from: LM Ericsson on June 12, 2013, 08:02:45 PM

That's a nice looking phone!  Where did you end up finding it?
At an antique store after the Lancaster phone show!
Regards,
-Grayson

Gilas

I will nominate my Mediterranean Blue with gray cord that I got off Ebay for $33.33.

Sargeguy

I will nominate my Western Electric 20-AP:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=9578.0

-A good deal at $39.99 (+$30 in nickel plating)
-Cleaned up nice
-Interesting mix of original parts
-Apparently a rare model
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

tptech302

Guess this isn't exactly a phone... but want to submit it anyways.

Found this Magicall on ebay snagged it for $26 + shipping, just got it today wired it up and it works great! Has a few scuff but doesn't appear to have been used couldn't find any names written in it.

AE_Collector

Good find to get a MagiCall dialer with it's power supply, tape cartridge AND the programmer. Something is usually missing.

Here is my green MagiCall dialer connected to my Jade green AE 880 Speakerphone.

Terry

wds

I'd like to nominate John S's wood Stromberg Carlson box.  I know it has already been sold, but still a great find. 

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=9601.msg103575#msg103575
Dave

tptech302

Quote from: AE_Collector on June 26, 2013, 07:52:29 PM
Good find to get a MagiCall dialer with it's power supply, tape cartridge AND the programmer. Something is usually missing.

Here is my green MagiCall dialer connected to my Jade green AE 880 Speakerphone.

Terry

WOW! that is a nice setup. I have been wanting one for sometime, but usually something was missing, surprised I got it for what I did, just stumbled upon it a few minutes before it ended and got lucky. If it was used the tape must have been replaced.

AE_Collector

They are pretty cool. A motorized drive that winds the tape (recording tape on the back and you can write the names on the front) from one reel to the other just like a reel to reel tape recorder. Only the tape is a couple of inches wide and the recording head travcels side to side across the back to record and then read the number saved on it when in use. Simple idea but very cool compared to the more modern electronic storage devices!

Terry