"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

GPO 232 diagram

Started by Fennec, August 22, 2016, 08:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fennec

Gentlemen:

I am wondering if someone has a good quality / hi res diagram of British GPO 232 phone wiring, similar to the attached?

Thank you.
Dmitri

unbeldi

Such as this ?
:D

... not exactly hi-res, but clean.

Jack Ryan

Are you looking for something to attach to a telephone?

I don't have one handy but here is the N diagram:
http://samhallas.co.uk/repository/n_diagrams/0000/N332.pdf

and attached is an edited version of the image you posted. If that is your telephone, a careful photograph or scan would give you a good starting point to create a new one.

Regards
Jack

Fennec

Thank you, this would help!

@unbeldi:  This would do nicely, info is quite legible

@Jack Ryan:  This is for two purposes - one is to trace all the wire colors to help me troubleshoot an issue with the handset I am experiencing, and - yes, the other reason is to attach the label the phone.

Unfortunately, the picture is not that of my phone, it came without any labels - just the best I could find on the 'net. On a different note - how did you edit the image? Original picture is skewed, and somewhat out of focus...

Jack Ryan

Quote from: Fennec on August 22, 2016, 08:50:03 PM
On a different note - how did you edit the image? Original picture is skewed, and somewhat out of focus...

I did the 3D de-skew in Omnipage Ultimate and the rest in Photoshop. I could have done the de-skew in Photoshop (called perspective warp correction) but I find it easier with Omnipage.

Someone who is an expert with these programs could do a proper job. I am not one of those people.

Jack

unbeldi

Quote from: Jack Ryan on August 22, 2016, 10:33:07 PM
I did the 3D de-skew in Omnipage Ultimate and the rest in Photoshop. I could have done the de-skew in Photoshop (called perspective warp correction) but I find it easier with Omnipage.

Someone who is an expert with these programs could do a proper job. I am not one of those people.

Jack

@Jack: The dial in yours is oval,  not circular as in the original.   :o :(

@Fennec: I used GIMP for perspective correction, Photoshop for color filtering and removal, and OS X Preview for sizing—without prejudice as to the quality of any tool.

Jack Ryan

Quote from: unbeldi on August 23, 2016, 08:48:02 AM
@Jack: The dial in yours is oval,  not circular as in the original.   :o :(

It was a 30 second job to demonstrate what might be done if starting with a more carefully taken picture. If I had intended to publish it, I would have taken more care.

Jack