News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Lloyd's Solid State Eight Band

Started by Mr. Bones, January 31, 2015, 11:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bones

I have another vintage radio that I prize dearly. You see, it was my Da's, and was my introduction to the world of SW, LW, CW, etc. I'm the 2nd owner. ;)

Many thousands of hours of my youth were spent listening to the world, Morse code, police, aircraft, Ham operators,and, during the 70's, also countless of hours of re-broadcast OTR. 8)

I always preferred radio to TV, and still do, probably listen to broadcast radio, and OTR files 20:1 vs TV. ;)   Guess I've always figgered TV was for them folks that just couldn't make the pictures in their mind! ;D

It is a Lloyd's Solid State Eight Band, and still works just fine. I will post pictures later this weekend, after I give it a cleaning. It has been living out in the garage, and is pretty grubby from dust, sawdust, etc.

Until then, I was curious if any other members have any of this type of Lloyd's radio?

Regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Fabius

I also enjoy SW (short wave) listening. Is this the radio you have?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Mr. Bones

Quote from: Fabius on January 31, 2015, 12:14:53 PM
I also enjoy SW (short wave) listening also. Is this the radio you have?
No, but I remember those, having listened on them many years gone by. I absolutely loved the map, etc. Taught me a lot about where places were that I tuned in. ;)

Mine looks like this:
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus