News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1957 Green 554 with Gray Cord

Started by Gilas, September 14, 2012, 02:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilas

Well got a good deal on a 1957 green 554 with gray cord and thought I would show it off before I start in on it.  I found it for $34 and couldn't pass it up.  All parts inside are from 4/57 and there are no chips or crack in the case.  The downfall, if there is one, is that someone WAY back added a cut off switch to the power on the side.  There is no damage around it and looks great.  Inside are the old thick wires that are connecting it so if it wasn't done around the time it was put into work I would be amazed.  Either way I thought it was a good piece for the price and thought I would share the find.  Not sure if I'm keeping it yet or not but sure couldn't pass it up.

Gilas

more

LarryInMichigan

You got a very good deal.  The hole on the side is a real shame though.  There are alot pf phones out there that have had holes drilled or hacked into them for switches or modular connectors.

Larry

Gilas

Yeah wasn't stoked about the switch but I love the old 554s too much to say no for that price.

Tom B

For me it would be a keeper - nothing is perfect. The grey cord alone is worth what you paid; everything else is icing on the cake. Great buy ;)
Tom