News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Estate Sale

Started by wds, September 26, 2017, 07:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: wds on September 27, 2017, 07:01:25 AM
After I had gone to bed last night the seller called and told me the collection was mine!  Now I need to figure out how in the world I'm going to pack all of this and get it to my house.  They seem to be in a hurry to get the collection out of the house so i will probably have to hire some movers to help me.  Holy Cow!

Congratulations, I wish I lived closer, I would love to be in on that move. :) 

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: wds on September 27, 2017, 07:01:25 AM
After I had gone to bed last night the seller called and told me the collection was mine!  Now I need to figure out how in the world I'm going to pack all of this and get it to my house.  They seem to be in a hurry to get the collection out of the house so i will probably have to hire some movers to help me.  Holy Cow!

Congratulations!  You will be able to make a full-time job out of selling off the stuff that you don't want to keep.  There should be a pretty decent income from that.  Of course, you will remember your friends in Michigan :).

Larry

wds

I will divulge the purchase price after the collection is safely stored in my garage - and living room, and dining room and basement. 

Does anyone know what the phone is in the first picture of the 3rd batch of pictures I posted?  Is that a push button dial, or just a push button intercom?
Dave

Jim Stettler

Congratulations on your purchase. I paid $8,000 for the first collection I bought. At the time it was worth $20,000-$30,000. I have made my money back several times over and I still have items from the collection.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life will be easier  if you can take a group  photo of everything going into each box. Try to keep the phones grouped together, when packing them up. It will make finding the phones easier. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are going to be busy for a long time,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow! I'm glad (and jealous) that you got the collection.

I easily see $1000 from the 500 collection alone. I spot a definite Rose Beige in the lower righthand section, and another possible one above it.

I also think I see a Red 500 with a straight gray handset cord in the upper left section.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

wds

In the first picture, left of the red 500 is a gray 500 in really nice condition.
Dave

Pourme

Wow, Dave!

You have made a bunch of collectors very jealous! That is a "change your life" kind of find! You are going to be a very busy guy...with a big smile on your face! Please post a lot of pictures!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

WEBellSystemChristian

In the fourth picture, middle bottom--is that an Oxford Gray 500?

I can't tell whether the black dot in the center of the fingerwheel is a stain on a dial card or the black mounting nut usually visible on an open-center fingerwheel without a dial card. The other 500 collectors here will probably know what I'm talking about.

It looks black, but it's hard to tell.
Christian Petterson

Pourme

Dave,

Still looking at the pictures. To be able to buy a collection like that is such a privilege. That man spent years collecting those pieces, & not just phones.  If I lived closer I would help you pack it up free of charge, just to look and touch that collection. I could learn and see so much!

Congrats!
Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

WEBellSystemChristian

Another 'find' in your sea of pictures...

The Green or Med Blue 500 on the bottom, to the left, on the righthand shelving unit in the second to last picture has a gray straight handset cord. I'm now drooling over that picture!

And a Walnut/Mahogany two-tone AE1A front and center in the 8th picture!
Christian Petterson

LarryInMichigan

I just spotted a brown bakelite AE 1A in picture 9.jpg. 

Larry

wds

Brown A1, but the cradle and handset appear to be black.  The two caps on the handset are brown.  I will take all the free help I can get to move those phones.  My head starts to hurt when I think about how I'm going to move them.  I'm going to try and get them all in two days. 
Dave

Doug Rose

Dave....I am thrilled for you and horrified at the same time.  My  Dungeon workshop always looks like this.  As long as you have a space to store and inventory you should be fine.

Jan and I bought a cleaned out Hotel awhile back.  Three trips in her then Honda CRV. What we bought we in boxes and a lot sight unseen....for years.

Congrats.....I hope you got a good deal and a dozen that will stay with you.......good luck....Doug
Kidphone

Quote from: wds on September 27, 2017, 07:53:53 PM
I will take all the free help I can get to move those phones.  My head starts to hurt when I think about how I'm going to move them.  I'm going to try and get them all in two days.

I'm only 8 hours and one border away. Man would I ever love to be there and help. You are one lucky guy. Or maybe not. LOL

mazda_matt

Quote from: wds on September 27, 2017, 07:53:53 PM
Brown A1, but the cradle and handset appear to be black.  The two caps on the handset are brown.  I will take all the free help I can get to move those phones.  My head starts to hurt when I think about how I'm going to move them.  I'm going to try and get them all in two days.

I may have a spare handle for that A1. Maybe we can do a trade

PM me

-MM
oldphoneworks.com
1-800-843-1320

Coupon Code - CRF10 (10% off)