News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Three 302s on ebay

Started by Doug Rose, November 17, 2017, 09:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I purchased these last week on eBay and received them today. Packing was superb. Absolutely superb!!! Really can't beat the price of $60 delivered. The Ivory 302 works!! Ivory is perfect except for the cap and the black line cord. The cap is already in  50/50 bleach water soup. I caught this when it was first listed. WOW!! Right time...right place...Doug

https://tinyurl.com/y7hann8f
Kidphone

Pourme

What a great deal!...
I love seeing you guys find these terrific phones at bargain prices...I'm ready for MY luck to improve!

Happy for you!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Babybearjs

I had an Ivory once... was so badly sun burned that it couldn't be saved.... someone had it in a room with a southern exposure...  the caps were ruined and I wound up having to scrap the phone... interesting though how they made the colored sets virus the black sets.... the F1 handsets were totally different in design.... too bad they couldn't make the bakelite in colors...
John

Dan/Panther

John;
It could have been used for parts, or to paint a favorite color, or to experiment on.  In my world, NOTHING is trash. Without doubt, almost every time I throw something away, I end up needing it, or a part of it.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AE_Collector

Just like Doug's Ivory 302 with the discoloured transmitter cap, someone who gets one with a missing ivory cap would certainly like to obtain a suitable ivory cap for their new "Find", even if it isn't a great match.

Terry

Doug Rose

The Ivory phone is a working phone with no chips cracks or missing pieces. Great original Ivory cloth cord. Original dial card and mask. No crakcs, shell is dated 7/5/49 and the base is 10/49.

The Black one is also a working phone, I had to install a curly cord and a modular cord. Is just shines. Another '49, shell dated 4/16/49 and the base is dated 4/49

Third phone had a cracked base that I knew about, F1, dial and base are pristine for future use, 1949 as well.....Doug
Kidphone

AL_as_needed

CRPF "my killer deal" nomination? Very good find on the ivory phone being complete and undamaged, albeit a bit dirty  ;D
TWinbrook7

AE_Collector

Quote from: AL_as_needed on November 18, 2017, 09:10:24 PM
CRPF "my killer deal" nomination?

Has already been moved there!

Terry

Greg G.

Quote from: Doug Rose on November 17, 2017, 09:01:33 PM
I purchased these last week on eBay and received them today. Packing was superb. Absolutely superb!!! Really can't beat the price of $60 delivered. The Ivory 302 works!! Ivory is perfect except for the cap and the black line cord. The cap is already in  50/50 bleach water soup. I caught this when it was first listed. WOW!! Right time...right place...Doug

https://tinyurl.com/y7hann8f

I'm jealous, as usual!  This was a 3-way bargain, the phone price, the shipping price, and shipping quality.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e