News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Happiness...

Started by mienaichizu, May 02, 2009, 02:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

I just recently acquired a red pay phone. I don't know what company manufactured this phone but I suspect its NEC. I almost spend $120 for this. A bit pricey. I have not yet tested it because I don't have the key to open it. In addition, I also bought an AE 880 speaker phone which costs me up to $40. It similar to what was used in the movie "Charlie's Angels. In all I have spent $160 in one day (not including fuel allowances) :o

http://mienaichizu.multiply.com/journal/item/74/Happiness...

HobieSport

The NEC(?) payphone is pretty amazing, of course nothing like we see over here.  It looks very heavy!  Will you need to take it to a locksmith to get it open to work on and maybe get a new key made?

AET

Very nice phones all around!  Congrats on the great finds!
- Tom

McHeath

Yeah it's a sickness, this fondness for old phones.  ;)  I've "invested" a lot in the last year, and am sure that someday my collection will be worth enough to pay off the national debt.

However, I fully understand the urge to spend $160 on some cool phones.  Looks like a great find to me. 

mienaichizu

Quote from: HobieSport on May 02, 2009, 05:14:14 PM
The NEC(?) payphone is pretty amazing, of course nothing like we see over here.  It looks very heavy!  Will you need to take it to a locksmith to get it open to work on and maybe get a new key made?

yup Matt it is quite heavy, it has a steel body. The lock, I will try to bring it to a locksmith to open it

mienaichizu

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on May 02, 2009, 05:38:31 PM
Very nice phones all around!  Congrats on the great finds!

thanks Tom

mienaichizu

Quote from: McHeath on May 02, 2009, 07:00:01 PM
Yeah it's a sickness, this fondness for old phones.  ;)  I've "invested" a lot in the last year, and am sure that someday my collection will be worth enough to pay off the national debt.

However, I fully understand the urge to spend $160 on some cool phones.  Looks like a great find to me. 

This is the story behind it, that red phone has been in display for months on the shop where I bought it, we all know here in the Philippines that that payphone is kinda rare. Many people inquired about it but no one dare bought it because it is expensive, a $120 for it. I also ask many people about it whether should I buy it or not. Well since it is a collectible, I have cleared my mind. If that phone is still in there, I will buy it. When I returned to the shop this Saturday, my God, it is still in there, so I take out my cash and bought it including the AE880 speaker phone. I think that payphone is destined for me, hehehe :D

HobieSport

People often pay a lot more for regular pay phones nowhere as unique as the NEC, so yes...Happiness is in order.  When you get it opened up I hope we'll see some more pictures. :)