News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hitachi Rotary

Started by mienaichizu, February 13, 2009, 02:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

Another rotary phone I just recently acquired, have not yet done testing on it. Here are the photos. Fairly in good condition except for a crack on the receiver. Handset cord is also very stiff

HobieSport

It's funny that you have many phones of different types in that same color.  I don't know what that color would be called in general.  Biege? Flesh?  It just makes me wonder if that is (was) a popular color for Japanese phones, or if it was an inexpensive colored plastic to produce? Or if there was one company who produced the plastic made for the different phone manufacturers? Just curious questions that maybe can't be answered. :)

I enjoy seeing all your different phones because we rarely see them over here in "The States".

McHeath

I second that.  Many of the phone you have I've never seen here in the Estadios de Yankeeodios.  I'm assuming that this phone was made in Japan, and from the 60's or 70's from the overall look of it, but that's only a guess.  Many phones here in my travels in my little landscape are beige or ivory of some sort, seems to be the most common color I run into. 

mienaichizu

Quote from: HobieSport on February 13, 2009, 11:40:14 AM
It's funny that you have many phones of different types in that same color.  I don't know what that color would be called in general.  Biege? Flesh?  It just makes me wonder if that is (was) a popular color for Japanese phones, or if it was an inexpensive colored plastic to produce? Or if there was one company who produced the plastic made for the different phone manufacturers? Just curious questions that maybe can't be answered. :)

I enjoy seeing all your different phones because we rarely see them over here in "The States".

I don't know where these phones are coming, they just appear in thrift shops

there are not so much color of phones here, only black, beige or ivory

mienaichizu

Quote from: McHeath on February 13, 2009, 07:14:25 PM
I second that.  Many of the phone you have I've never seen here in the Estadios de Yankeeodios.  I'm assuming that this phone was made in Japan, and from the 60's or 70's from the overall look of it, but that's only a guess.  Many phones here in my travels in my little landscape are beige or ivory of some sort, seems to be the most common color I run into. 

yes your right McHeath, most of the phones I got were made in Japan.