News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 1014 buttset operational question and discovered problem...

Started by RotoTech99, October 18, 2014, 05:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

Thank you for your responses. I also discovered an additional problem I hadn't expected

Part of the Mon./Talk button is broken off where the red indicator is supposed to be when the button is operated to the "Talk" setting, does anyone have a replacement; That is apparently why I'm having to depress button to get dial tone.

Also, do anyone know where I can find the larger alligator test clips with an adaptor to fit the 346A socket on the 1014's cord, the set on there now (#471A) are OK, but don't do as well as the larger booted alligator clips.

Weco355aman

Yes you need to press and slid to lock the white switch.  If not your in the 'monitor mode'.
Phil

Adam

Think of the white button as the set's hookswitch.

I now own a yellow one and an orange one of these, plus, for my last birthday, a non-collector friend sent me the buttset below.  She couldn't have known how perfect a gift it would be, because I'd been wanting a mixed one for a long time.  I was thinking of making one from two others, but it's much more fun to have one that was found "in the wild" that way!
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820