News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I'll Probably Regret This, But !!!

Started by Dan/Panther, January 01, 2009, 12:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

My 202 phone came today without the dial, and I also by coincidence won a phone table on Ebay, that not only matches the wood color, but My mom says the upholstery is pretty close. The only difference is number of backrest bars, ours had two, this one has 3.
We have the doily, and My Mom has the horse statue, now all I need are a pair of shades, and some bib overall.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Steve

I'm really liking that gossip bench. I was looking for one a few years back and couldn't find a decent one ( I could afford anyway)
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

Dan/Panther

That's really one of a very few pieces of furniture I recall having as a child.
BTW, I paid $41.00 for the bench, and it's local pickup, I couldn't beat that deal if I tried, well maybe if I found one at the dump!
D/P

Dan/Panther

Quote from: McHeath on January 07, 2009, 09:28:32 PM
I don't know anything about the values of phone benches, so I'm a lot of help.  Is that little horse statue one of those fake bronze jobs with the little chain for a halter and the big rather Mexican kit looking stirrups?  I've got one of those, it was my grandparents, and I see them all the time at the junk shops and antique stores. 

McHeath;
I thought that what it was, but my mom says no, it wasn't a carnival statue, She said she won it on one of those 25 cent punch board games. So it was a high dollar ashtray, probably worth in the vacinity any wheres upwards of a buck.
BTW, She also still has a chrome plated knight cigarette lighter she won.

D/P

Dan/Panther

I got my phone stand Saturday. I put the phone on it and when my Mom came over she flipped.
I need to do some work on the phone, and get the doily, but it's coming along.
I need some bib overalls also.
D/P

McHeath

Wait a minute, is that dog a period piece?  If that's a modern dog, maybe one of those "Made in China" dogs you are going to have to scrap it and look for an old "Made in USA" mutt.  Might need to wet sand it, but that's the price we pay eh?
;)

Gee this project is turning out pretty cool indeed.  Now are we going to get a picture of you with the shades and the little horse statue all sitting pretty on the bench?

That might have to go on the masthead of the site!

Dennis Markham

Dan, the stand and the phone look great.  Now I want one!

Dan/Panther

To see the look on my Mom face when she first saw the bench was priceless. This is more fun than a barrel of monkeys.
I've had a lot of fun with my radios but nothing that I can relate to, like these phones. I'm really having a ball.
I hope someday to run across the original phone book that would be great.
D/P

Dan/Panther

My Mom said she thinks she may have the statue, and the doiley packed away some place. Just in case not, I'm lookinmg every day in ebay for one.
The bench is much smaller than I remember. When I sit at it, it almost disappears.
I'm not fat, it's just the bench is so small, were people smaller then ?
D/P