News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Anyone recognize this Northern Telecom phone?

Started by DNO, April 15, 2015, 04:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DNO

Rotary phones are great.  I enjoy collecting them and I enjoy using them.  My wife, however, much prefers the convenience of touch tone and a memory.  She smiles indulgently when I pick up a new old phone and I smile indulgently when she picks up a new old piece of Pyrex...it all works out just fine.

However, she has been wanting a red phone (with a memory) for her night table.  My lovely red 500 was not an option, of course,  so we found this Northern Telecom phone at a thrift shop.  It works well and cleaned up nicely BUT I don't know how to program the memory.

I've been trying to find the model number or name on the web in order to search for a manual but I haven't been having any luck.  So I thought: "who better to ask than my colleagues on the phone forum"!

Does anyone know what model this is...or even how to program it?  (Decidedly not a question I have to ask about my 302s and 500s!)
David

LarryInMichigan

I have one of those, and it was labeled the "Solo".  I used it on my desk for several years until it started making annoying sounds.  I bought it years ago when the stores in Windsor, ON were stocked with huge quantities of refurbished NT phones for cheap.

Larry

DNO

Thanks Larry.  Still can't find a manual online.  Perhaps I'll tinker around with it. 
David

LarryInMichigan

Perhaps this will help.  I believe that I have seen this phone under a different model name also.

Larry

DNO

That looks like exactly what I need.  Thanks, Larry!  My wife'll be happy too!
David