"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

the dead telephone tech....

Started by Babybearjs, October 21, 2017, 02:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RB

it's not that they can't.
Something, "probably me", scared/pissed everybody off, and so they won't share, or even comment.
I know they are still there, due to the dozens of views, and no replys.
It has to be getting clogged in their throats, like a spoon full of peanut butter.
And I know they are just itchin to spew knowledge. especially to folks like me, who frequently "get it wrong" due to vague information found doing research on our own.
There are some very wise folks here, they have been squelched, and need to be released!
Hopefully, something will swing the pendulum back the other way, and peeps can start talking again.
And remember, we are ALL from someplace else, and speak in different languages.
But we are all in the SAME sandbox, diggin in the same dirt, ant tryin to build the same buildings!
AND WE NEED EACH OTHER...DAMMIT!

Doug Rose

RB / Babybears jr.....I don't think you are being ignored, I think if you didn't get an answer, there is none to give from this group. Try the TCI list, a lot of switchers there.

As my Grandmother always said, "if you are nice to people, they will be nice to you."

Rethink how you ask for help. Demands for help are usually ignored....just my humble opinion....Doug
Kidphone

RB

Not tryin to be demanding, degrading, or degenerative...quite the opposite.
What is the TCI list? not sure what that means?
I see replies from the same folks, in all the topics, assumed they were all linked?

AE_Collector

CRPF is primarily a "phone forum" as opposed to a switching forum though of course there are people on here who know and/or are interested in switching and key systems.

I am quite interested in switching but I really don't know much about BSP's and virtually never use them for anything I do. I don't even know what a 208A KTU is. But then I primarily worked with AE equipment.

I think it is always good to provide as much info as possible including links and pictures. And detailed specific questions about the problem as well. Oh, and GOOD descriptive titles to topics. Not everyone (very few actually) reads every post on CRPF therefore a topic with a good descriptive title may be responded to by someone who realizes they know the answer whereas a topic with an uninformative title may not even be opened by someone who could have answered it.

Terry

19and41

I've found on many sites there are times when a high number of members divert their attentions elsewhere for a period of time and those who haven't have concerns like these.  There may be folks doing things due to the changing of the seasons, or any number of things.  It just seems there are nodes like these that occur during the year.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Babybearjs

there we go... now people are here... Yes, I understand people are busy, but it seems like I was being ignored... Being busy, yes I am too... but I'm concerned that the subject of my inquiry is falling on deaf ears in respect to the age of the equipment used.... the guys who designed, built and serviced the 1A1 system are all gone now, or are they? with the advent of the "Cell Phone" telephone technology seem to be all but dead.... Who even works on this "Old" technology anyway.... and can anyone even explain it? the new generation knows nothing of rotary dial, touch-tone and such... as for me.... I'm 55+ and hate cell phones, but love vintage telephone systems... but who can explain stuff anymore... who is still alive to tell the tale.... who knows how the BSP's were written and why some of them are so damned confusing? is there anyone still alive that can explain the theory of operation of all the 1A1 units? the hows and whys are still being asked.... does anyone still know? I have the paperwork, but not all the answers.... who still has the answers? or are they all dead and gone......
John

RB

Yup, all dead lol
We/they are all just pigment in your imagination!
A blast from the past, lingering in the shadows.
In lue of a quick answer, post a few pages of the manual, and maybe a few of us can reason through it with you???

19and41

My entire experience with telecommunications is from a trunk line breakout to a multiplex system then to a microwave link.   If I had expertise in office switching systems I would gladly share it.  I don't want you to think I don't care about your plight.  I would follow Mr. Roses' advice.
— Arthur C. Clarke

ThePillenwerfer

We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

19and41

Every time I see the title of this thresd it makes me think of...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj8RIEQH7zA

The dead parrot sketch
— Arthur C. Clarke

Doug Rose

This thread bothers me. You both have been pointed in the right direction but refuse to listen.

http://www.telephonecollectors.org    ... TCI...Comprende? Switchers

Babybearsjr...I know you were a member. Why not go back instead of continuing this thread. I know your experience there was not good, but just try the website

As for the death thing...far out...I was a child of the 60s myself.....don't remotely agree, but that is just me....Grumpy Ole Kidphone

Kidphone