"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bell System Metal Shelving

Started by MagicMo, May 10, 2013, 05:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMo

Hi,
I have these two large shelving units that I believe my Dad took from Bell before the divesture. I'm not sure what to do with these big heavy shelves. They would look nice in someone's basement workshop or for displaying phones? Any ideas for these? Someone local would have to want them. They are in great shape.
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

MagicMo

Anyone know what PMS units are???
Preventive Maintenance System?

DavePEI

Quote from: MagicMo on May 10, 2013, 05:07:24 PM
Cranky??? :)

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

G-Man

Quote from: MagicMo on May 10, 2013, 05:07:24 PM
Preventive Maintenance System?

Fixed Station is radio-speak for a unit that is stationary such as a permanent or temporary fixed location base station.

The acronym could regard equipment used for P[rivate}M[icrowave or Mobile] Service but that is just a guess.

MagicMo

Dave: LOL! That's what my husband said!

G-Man: That would make sense, it was from the Mobile Repair Dept. where he worked.

Thanks,
Mo

Mr. Bones

QuoteAnyone know what PMS units are???

Dave, and Mo: thanks for the clarification! I bit my lip until it bled, but managed, somehow, not to respond to such a potentially loaded question! ;) (Rather akin to "Does this make me look fat?" :o :o (At which point, one should run!) ;D

Best regards, happy weekend to all of you!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

MagicMo

Mr Bones, good job on keeping mum! Just a tip: If a women ever asks "Do I look fat in this?" Run for your life!!
;D Mo

twocvbloke

I thought the correct response would be "No, it makes you look nice, don't hit me!!!"... :D

MagicMo

Quote from: twocvbloke on May 12, 2013, 12:26:12 PM
I thought the correct response would be "No, it makes you look nice, don't hit me!!!"... :D

LOL!! I like your answer, "don't hit me!"
If you have to answer the question (and if I were a man answering this) I would say, "YES! In all the right places!"
Incorrect answer: "Can you define fat for me?" LOL
;)
Mo