"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A dull wet day brightened up...

Started by twocvbloke, September 17, 2017, 12:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Quote from: 19and41 on September 22, 2017, 04:02:44 PM
I just saw a stand for sale on Ebay for $600.  Maybe one day I could have a new one fabricated.

Could you post the eBay link or an image of the stand. I can't quite picture the item in use.

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

twocvbloke

Looks a bit too "frilly" for me, and having to polish it would stir up too much innuendo........  :o

TelePlay

Thanks for the link.

It's free shipping so no weight given. That has to be a boat anchor heavy base to prevent a tip over when fully extended.

AL_as_needed

I think it could lead to a whole new decor direction for your home, just need one of these babies and your off to the races!
TWinbrook7

twocvbloke

Soooooo, starting off the trend for creating phonelamps, instead of lampphones?  ;D

AL_as_needed

Quote from: twocvbloke on September 23, 2017, 08:20:26 PM
Soooooo, starting off the trend for creating phonelamps, instead of lampphones?  ;D

Yes! John actually has a rather all inclusive prototype figured (not sure if it was an old post or in PM) that really blends these two pillars of collecting into one handsome electric lamp.

...and queue image John... (if you still have it)

TWinbrook7

andy1702

My lamp stand is painted. I'd have quite liked a brass one, but it's white at the moment. Not sure what it is under thepaint though.
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.

19and41

What does your handy dandy magnet say?  It may be brass.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

twocvbloke