News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telecom Salvage Operation

Started by Babybearjs, February 28, 2020, 08:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well, yesterday I went a salvaged the phone system from a local business. the whole system was an ITT system, a K501 KTS, and 7 2564 phones. Here are some pictures for you.... I was up all day and all night cleaning and going through the system. I made a bit of a mistake when taking out the PSU on the 501, accently pulled 5 too many wires off the 66 block and had to try to figure out where they went... ther original schematic doesn't follow the wiring all the way on my unit... so I repunched the wires as best I could. the system is now in storage.
John

Key2871

That's a great find. That was my very first real key system. I got mine with 25 differant sets at a yard sale for 20 bucks.
I was thrilled to find it. I got my information some from WE key manuals, but the rest from a member in the ATCA.
Mine came with a 207C dial intercom that was 99 % disconnected. With a butt set, and a WE manual I got it working in about 30 minutes. The rest I just traced the wiring that was already there, connected my key set to it and it worked. Why did you pack it up? Are you going to use it?
What power unit did it have, a Lorain? Or a different one.
I didn't pull wires until I had a idea how everything worked, then a little at a time, I redid wiring to make it fresh and mine.thats a unit you can really do a lot with, and keep it in the cabinet because there's lots of room.
That RT intercom unit, will probably be bad, because one wrong wire and it's dead. I've seen many of those and none worked. I found a Valcom unit and it worked, so I stuck with them. They are really strong units and work well and have great features.
KEN

Babybearjs

yeh, it does have the lorain PSU. nice unit! has the ringing voltage and all, just like my WE 20B2... I'm going to pull one of the older KTS's and scrap it... taking the parts and using them in this ine and my 551C. looking forward to being able to actually test it out....
John

Key2871

Wow so you have a collection. The shoe box takes up less space and is easier than 1A1 setup. And I think you could do a lot with it versus the old 1A1 stuff.
Do you know if that tone commander works?
Make sure you connect it up correct, or it will never work again.
KEN

Babybearjs

well, right now I have not even tested the 501. it is just sitting. as far as my 551C, its in storage. ready to go if anyone needs it. the 501 and 551C are keepers for sale.... if anyone in the Idaho area is looking for one. I won't ship these as they wieght a good 50 to 100 pounds each and the frieght is terrible! so.... they are only available for local pickup only.
John