"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

'63 SC 1543W white

Started by Pourme, October 30, 2020, 03:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

~

I found this on Esty for $64.00 shipped & tax. The closest thing I have is a 1443E in black. I have no idea what it's like under the hood. Is white notable on this particular model?  Given the year model I'm thinking it's probably PCV plastic? What I'm wondering is, is it a candidate for a bleach bath?

Thanks!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

HarrySmith

That is a cool looking phone for sure! Definitely a good candidate for bleach or peroxide bath. Post pictures of the restoration!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

compubit

I have 2, and one is yellowed, the other appears to be painted...

They're on my "list to restore..."

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Pourme on October 30, 2020, 03:11:51 PM
~

I have no idea what it's like under the hood. Is white notable on this particular model? 

As with any other 'black' phone. Examples in color are always worth while.

Here is a link from the TCI library, on page 15A of the publication it has a color chart for this style of telephone:
Search term 'Stromberg carlson 1543 color' using google search feature on TCI site

edit>>https://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/search?q=SC+Catalog+1960<<Edit
Edited the link, replaced original link with the the one provided by Paul F.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

paul-f

Here's a search link to find the catalog (in case the file link is changed in the future).

https://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/search?q=SC+Catalog+1960
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Pourme

~

Thanks for the literature links, gentlemen!  When I get it next week I'll be able to tell exactly what I have, beginning with the ringer!

Benny
Benny

Pourme

~

I'll post a few of the phone as it is today. There is more to do. The number dial needs to be replaced. It's stained beyond my ability to clean and it has a abrasion of some sort as well.

I fell in love this phone. I cleaned it up, hand sanded from 600 up, completely by hand, no chemical help on this one.
This is a brilliant white and this phone wears it well!

More on this phone in another post soon.

It has really grown on me. Now I have a beige one to do!
Benny