News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

How many of you actually use your antique phones?

Started by BDM, September 21, 2008, 04:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, how many are actually using their phones?

I have no modern phones
several at any given moment
Maybe one hooked up, when I'm in the mood
Hardly ever. Besides, they scare the kids
Heck no! Are you kidding? Display only!!

ka1axy

Ooma VOIP line with my old copper number hooked into...
Panasonic KX-TAW848 with 8 hybrid and 8 analog extensions...
2 Panasonic digital extensions (KX-T7736), and 5 analog extensions currently active. The remaining extensions are pluggable into an RJ patch panel which can connect them to outlets throughout the house as needed.

The wife likes the 302 audio.

markosjal

Quote from: Robert Gift on January 09, 2023, 10:10:08 AMDid you make that electroluminescent disk?
How is it powered?
Would love that for our dark windowless WC.
Thank you.

It is the standard Automatic electric Electroluminescent disk powered by a home made power supply (just resistors and fuses)
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

segaloco

Since sorting out getting a handset working with line-in/out on my computer, I'll "plug in" my WECo 302 and call friends over stuff like Steam on occasion. I'm currently in the midst of a move but this'll be the first new place I move into since really picking up steam on phone stuff, I'm already speccing out a little intercom system, I want to see if I can get a network rigged up through my computer so that in the future I can, say, take a call at my desk phone, but then go transfer around as I'm walking about the house. Difficulty is I'm actually not much of a phone call person, I don't even own a personal cell and I keep the work one in a desk when it's not work time, so it's not like such an intercom will suddenly have me calling everyone and their grandma...but figuring it out is the fun part.

Telefon

WE 302 on the desk beside me, green 554 (just like the one I grew up with) on the wall nearby. Both connected to VOIP using a Google number. I also have a few 500s and 554s throughout the house that I can connect when I feel like it.

MMikeJBenN27

Just put new cords on my rare blue 304, and yes, I have the ringer hooked up to the M and RR terminals.  Phone works perfectly and looks great as well.  I don't have a cell phone any more, so all I use are my "classic" phones.

Mike

ReneRondeau

I used to have several antique phones connected but now I'm down to one (an AE payphone). I had bought a dial gizmo to allow pulse dialing from it but it stopped working after a couple of months. So I can answer on it, but not call out. But I never do that since there's no caller ID, and it's far from where I can see ID on our cordless modern phone. Since 95% of the calls we get today are spam / scam, I rely on caller ID to filter the calls.

I have a very early ringer box on the line instead of using the electronic ringers on our landline. However, as time goes by we use the landline less and less. My wife doesn't use it at all anymore -- she's entirely dependent on her cell.

I miss the days when I had old phones all around the house, and at my office at work.