News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I just won this Light Blue (-62) 554

Started by foots, May 13, 2009, 04:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HobieSport

I really don't know anything about any of the beige phones so it's all new to me.
So I guess the phone I bought can't be Rose Beige.  Oh well.

AET

Yup, I didn't even know that was an actual WE color, so goes to show how much I know!  I just called it that because next to my beige one, it's way pinkier.  But the other beige one is from 1968.
- Tom

foots

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on May 13, 2009, 05:24:51 PM
Very Nice 554!  Love the color, whatever it is.....

I needed a phone to experiment on with different polishes, but I must admit I really do like that color. I'm really hoping it doesn't get broken during shipping. I must admit, HobieSport's 500 looks very nice as well. I guess this means I'll have to start collecting color phones too  ::) 
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Tonyrotary

Foots,

I think that 554 will clean up very nicely. And it is a nice color! Cannot wait to see your results!

Hobie,

Your 500 is pretty sweet too. Oh it looks like that trimline your getting is not modular. I really like the trimeline rotary phones that are not modular. Is yours a wall or desk model?

McHeath

I bought a NOS aqua handset cord from oldphoneworks, and am very pleased with it.  I think it was about 20 bucks with shipping, so it's not all that cheap sadly, but it's real WE made and even had the short chunky grommet on the handset side. 

AET

I like color phones, I like black ones too, but I think if I had displays of nothing but black 500's it would get awful boring.
- Tom

HobieSport

Quote from: McHeath
I bought a NOS aqua handset cord from oldphoneworks, and am very pleased with it.  I think it was about 20 bucks with shipping, so it's not all that cheap sadly, but it's real WE made and even had the short chunky grommet on the handset side. 

Yup. OPW sounds like the way to go, Heath.

foots

Quote from: Dan on May 13, 2009, 06:03:35 AM
This needs to be entered in the blue vs turquoise thread we had a while back. Please check on the  back of the dial and see if it says 62 (light blue) or 64 turquoise. I am curious.....

Well Dan, the dial says 62 and that's the color of the plastic on the insides. Oh, btw, I though this would be a bit of a frankenstein - boy was I wrong. With exception of the cords, everything in this phone is dated 5-65 except the transmitter cap which is 4-65.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Dan

I figured it was light blue, but the date made it possible to be turquoise. It's beautiful.

Here's a turquoise I  "made " from a NOS Northern Electric kit I bought off ebay. I had to modify the  NE  dial plate to fit the western electric dial . It is beautiful and I love the look, even though it isn't a "true" turquoise  554.

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

McHeath

QuoteIt is beautiful and I love the look, even though it isn't a "true" turquoise  554.

As the old commercial on TV used to say, "Only her hairdresser knows for sure".   :)

Thats a great looking phone and you did just what Ma Bell did countless times, changed the color.

HobieSport

That is an absolutely disgusting color and where can one buy it?