News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

30810 new purchase questions, polarity and hunt groups

Started by Texas1880, March 31, 2019, 11:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas1880

So, I've read a whole lot on here, have a new pbx, 308. Bunch of 500s, a 202, and a 2500 and a 2554 to put online.

I've read I have to switch polarity for the 2500/2554s to work, and I'm think I'll just swap L1 and L2 under the shell. Easy. Is that a go?

Also, instead of setting up a hunt group, can't I just use the default settings and run a short modular rj11 male to male cord from CO1 to ext 11?, thereby creating a 7 extension whole house ringer without much ado, by just dialing 9? And if I ever want to add an ata for google voice, couldn't I just run that to co1, and move the jumper to co2, and dial 82 for whole house ring?

Plus, I'd like to change the intercom ring to a regular ring, if that's possible. Read the manual, can't seem to find an option for that. Not the biggest of deals, but I'm curious.

Anyways, I also bought this thing for 45 bucks with shipping off eBay, and it came with a 7030 programmer plus 6 other phones, that are not programmers. Probably going to sell the rest off. Seems like it was a good deal, as the others listed were from 75 shipped with no phones to 150 shipped with no phones, and a 7030 on eBay is like 40 bucks!. Maybe this guy just wanted some quick cash i dunno but it seemed cheep

RB

Hi Texas
I think the polarity thing may be resolved in the manner you suggest.
The Co to ex 11 sounds possible.
I believe the programmer phone is required to make changes to the box.
Do you have the manual?

Texas1880

Quote from: RB on April 01, 2019, 11:21:12 AM
Hi Texas
I think the polarity thing may be resolved in the manner you suggest.
The Co to ex 11 sounds possible.
I believe the programmer phone is required to make changes to the box.
Do you have the manual?

I do have a copy of the manual

RB

Look in there for ring change procedures.
I would like to know too...

HarrySmith

Quote from: Texas1880 on April 01, 2019, 02:07:46 PM
I do have a copy of the manual

Does it contain the keypad overlay that gives you the programming keys for the proprietary phone?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Texas1880

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 01, 2019, 02:57:05 PM
Does it contain the keypad overlay that gives you the programming keys for the proprietary phone?

Unfortunately not

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Texas1880 on April 01, 2019, 03:04:14 PM
Unfortunately not
Check this thread:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12413.msg130807

There is a pdf for the programming overlay.

I think there is a topic

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=16290.0

that has all the manauls for the panasonic 308's and 616's
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

HarrySmith

I will check mine when I get home tonight to see of it is the same. That should help along with the manual to do any programming changes.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Texas1880

Quote from: Jim Stettler on April 01, 2019, 03:30:23 PM
Check this thread:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12413.msg130807

There is a pdf for the programming overlay.

I think there is a topic

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=16290.0

that has all the manauls for the panasonic 308's and 616's

Thank you! I read the whole thing. Unfortunately I don't think I can change the cadence for the intercom to standard ring cadence. Not really a big deal, but I kinda wanted them to ring normally on an intercom call.  Of course the manual doesn't show the hack of CO1 to ext 11 to ring all without any need for programming, but I'll check on that and post what I get. There's other threads on that, but it's not entirely clear if they actually did use that hack.

Texas1880

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 01, 2019, 03:58:51 PM
I will check mine when I get home tonight to see of it is the same. That should help along with the manual to do any programming changes.

Thanks! Now to run wire and set up my unit. I'll post the final results of my setup, but I live in an old Philly row, so I'm gonna do 1 phone each on 2nd and 3rd floors with home runs, and living and kitchen on the first, and a backyard phone, and a basement phone. So six extensions overall is the plan. I'm In my late thirties, and I dusted off my collection from my 20s. I used the phones until ten years ago or so, but on a landline, in a different city and house. I'm excited about it.

Selling off some surplus as well. Had like 20 phones.

Owain

Quote from: Texas1880 on March 31, 2019, 11:28:32 PM
Also, instead of setting up a hunt group, can't I just use the default settings and run a short modular rj11 male to male cord from CO1 to ext 11?, thereby creating a 7 extension whole house ringer without much ado, by just dialing 9?

Not quite. Dialling 9 would put you onto dialling tone at ext 11. You'd need to dial ext 11, which would send ringing voltage into CO1, which will then signal an incoming call.

You may need to set ext 11 to NOT ring on CO1. Otherwise ext 11 will ring CO1 which will ring on ext 11 which will ring CO1 in an infinite loop.

Discussed at
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=18689.0

Texas1880

Quote from: Owain on April 01, 2019, 06:00:53 PM
Not quite. Dialling 9 would put you onto dialling tone at ext 11. You'd need to dial ext 11, which would send ringing voltage into CO1, which will then signal an incoming call.

You may need to set ext 11 to NOT ring on CO1. Otherwise ext 11 will ring CO1 which will ring on ext 11 which will ring CO1 in an infinite loop.

Discussed at

Thanks, I was kinda hoping for an easier hack, but it is what it is. Not really that bad to program that up.

Texas1880

Quote from: Owain on April 01, 2019, 06:00:53 PM

Discussed at

Another guy posted that using a CO3 to an extension rj11 cord and dialing the EXTENSION WILL RING ALL PHONES. I'm gonna try that. Left caps lock on too long lol

Texas1880

Ok so I got the 308, super cool. Most of my phones work, but what's up with my 2500s? No tone, no response. Should I try swapping L1 and L2?

And the tone is different from what I remember when they were hooked up to landline. Not a big deal, but still.

Also, jumpering CO3 and any extension, and dialing that extension, will ring all phones with classic ring cadence.

Jim Stettler

what's up with my 2500s? No tone, no response. Should I try swapping L1 and L2?

Quote from: Texas1880 on April 03, 2019, 09:38:07 PM
what's up with my 2500s? No tone, no response. Should I try swapping L1 and L2?

swap
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.