News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Why are people bidding so much for this phone

Started by troydog, August 28, 2011, 05:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troydog

This is a touch tone phone payphone look a like I think. I just do not understand paying as much as it is going for right now. I know walmart sold these new cheap are they now worth something?

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8435153

Edit to add there is also another one just like it up for bid to not my type of phone
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8451609

( dead links 06-19-21 )

Adam

Yes, this is a replica, not a real pay phone.

These always go for very high on eBay.  Not sure why, unless it's because they're just really big and heavy.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Vern P

paul-f

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

paul-f

Quote from: Adam on August 28, 2011, 06:17:02 PM
Yes, this is a replica, not a real pay phone.

These always go for very high on eBay.  Not sure why, unless it's because they're just really big and heavy.

Not big and heavy - but rather small and made of plastic.  It does have coin slots and is a working phone that hangs on a standard modular wall jack.

There are apparently collectors of this model.  Since putting up the Teleconcepts page on my site, I've had several emails from folks asking if I have any for sale.  Apparently the white one is somewhat scarce.

These collectors would probably laugh at the prices we pay for some of our phones. 

;)    ;)    ;D
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Adam

Quote from: paul-f on August 29, 2011, 08:02:34 AM
Quote from: Adam on August 28, 2011, 06:17:02 PM

Not big and heavy - but rather small and made of plastic.

Oh, I beg your pardon.  This is the Teleconcepts replica payphone.  I was thinking of the Crosley replica payphone.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

troydog

Well as they say everyone like something even if it is not that much of something. :D

Now I wish I would have bought a bunch when wal mart and kmart sold them new.

Babybearjs

funny, I bought one of these back in the 90's.... they sold for $49.00.... and thats all they are worth even today!
John