News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What other vintage stuffs do you collect?

Started by mienaichizu, October 13, 2008, 04:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

Aside from collecting vintage telephones, what other stuffs do you collect?

bingster

I also collect antique radios, 78RPM records and old radio shows from the 1930s to the 1950s.
= DARRIN =

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

benhutcherson

Bill Cahill

Antique radios, antique televisions, record players, 45's, 78's, LP's, cylinder records, cylinder phonographs, vintage table lamps, antique clocks, antique electric fans, geez.... Ain't that enough???
Bill Cahill  ;D

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Mark Stevens

Quote from: Bill Cahill on October 13, 2008, 12:08:10 PM
Antique radios, antique televisions, record players, 45's, 78's, LP's, cylinder records, cylinder phonographs, vintage table lamps, antique clocks, antique electric fans, geez.... Ain't that enough???
Bill Cahill  ;D

Nope. You need to "man up" and throw TV lamps into the mix!  ;D

bingster

Bill's post reminded me that I collect old clocks, too. Particularly Telechrons. 
= DARRIN =

mienaichizu

wow, so everybody is not only into collecting vintage telephones

practically, I collect everything that is antique, furniture, clocks, cameras, typewriters, coins, everything that suits my taste, but telephones is my number 1 passion

McHeath

I gather way too much stuff, some of it the usual like coins and others a little less so, like firearms.  Mid-century modern furniture, hats, cowboy boots, and American Civil War stuff also come to rest around here.  Phones are a hobby that I only recently realized was one, for while I've been hoarding phones for a long time and musing over them I never put 2 and 2 together and figured out that I enjoy collecting them until this year.

Old computers also line the walls of the garage and a closet or two, stuff like Apple Lisas and TI 99-4a's.  Utterly useless, but it brings a smile to me. 

mienaichizu

Quote from: McHeath on October 13, 2008, 10:32:51 PM
I gather way too much stuff, some of it the usual like coins and others a little less so, like firearms.  Mid-century modern furniture, hats, cowboy boots, and American Civil War stuff also come to rest around here.  Phones are a hobby that I only recently realized was one, for while I've been hoarding phones for a long time and musing over them I never put 2 and 2 together and figured out that I enjoy collecting them until this year.

Old computers also line the walls of the garage and a closet or two, stuff like Apple Lisas and TI 99-4a's.  Utterly useless, but it brings a smile to me. 

Firearms, that's interesting. I'm not really into collecting firearms but I have in my collection 3 pieces musket balls from the Spanish Era here in the Philippines

McHeath

QuoteFirearms, that's interesting. I'm not really into collecting firearms but I have in my collection 3 pieces musket balls from the Spanish Era here in the Philippines

Cool!  Firearms can be like these old phones and last nearly forever.  I've got an old US military Springfield made in 1889 that works like new, and much older stuff is easily available and will also function.  (most of my stuff is old)  I've heard that 19th century telephones will operate still, anyone know for sure?

Dan/Panther

I like to collect items from the first half of the 20th century, some back earlier.
I collect Vintage radios, and Televisions, tube variety, I collect older hand guns, and Military rifles, and Colt revolvers. I like to collect items from my childhood, whether toys or household items we had, like the Creeping Black Panther T.V. l,amp, I have two with the Panther theme. I have a couple Hollywood Movie props, One is a Philco tube radio 42-PT-93, that was used in the Movie "Seabiscuit", and a Red Hobnail shaded lamp used in the "Adams Family"series. I also have several vintage items like Old Lux soap bars, item advertised on Radio, Rinso Soap box still unopened, Old books. You name it, my radio room is like a mini museum.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Bill Cahill

Reminds me of other stuff. I also like to collect things from my childhood. Children's musical records both past, and, my past, are all over, including in an exact replacement rack that I had young. I have one of my mother's table lamps, a replacement for my parents' 1950 GE clock radio, our family tv, several record players I had as a kid, and, the grade school record players. I have two original Newcomb maroon cased R-12 portables directly from the vaults of the Detroit Pulic School systems, and, one Newcomb TR-16 1947 two speed transcription player like the ones in my Detroit grade school.

I even have a number of the original books from my grade school.
Aren't memories wonderful????;D
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

mienaichizu

by seeing this old stuffs we have, it really reminds us of our wonderful childhood memories

I like to collect stamps and paper bills. I also have a sewing machine, LP's, some books, photographs, even a portrait of First Lady, Imelda Marcos, the Evita Peron of the Philippines