News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ran into Vern Potter the other day.

Started by Phonesrfun, August 19, 2016, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

For those that know Vern Potter, he has become inactive on this and other forums due to the fact that he has very limited to no internet access.  I was in Salt Lake City last week due to one of my son's wife having a new baby.  I was in Home Depot running an errand and there was Vern just coming out of the store!  We did not have time to chat very long, and I would have very much loved to go over to his place, but due to my circumstances, I couldn't.

However, he is very much alive.

-Bill G

Dennis Markham

Thanks for the Vern "sighting", Bill.  We haven't heard from Vern in a while.  It's amazing that you recognized him.  Did you recognize him from having met in the past or from photos?

Congratulations by the way, Grandpa.

~Dennis

Phonesrfun

I met him twice before at his house, so I recognized him right off the bat.  He has a massive collection.  He lives in SLC, and I have family there.  It is a 9 + hour drive for me each way to get there, so we don't go all that often.  It was very odd to meet up with someone I know in a city that large that I don't get to very often.

As for the grandpa part, Thanks!  That was number 7 grandchild, and we have (**gasp**) two great grandkids.  This grand-daughter is younger than the two greats we have.  Interesting, huh?

-Bill G