"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Candlesticks I have no clue?

Started by captroosh, February 20, 2020, 01:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Ryan

Quote from: poplar1 on February 26, 2020, 10:39:29 AM
The author says "some may be marked D-76869." I agree with you that "some" does not appear to be accurate.

However, the description of A2 and A3 mountings does not mention a corresponding D- number.

The author uses the same qualifier  "some" when describing E1A handsets, which were used only on A-type handset mountings. "Some E1 handles are marked D-80370."  My D-76869 mounting does have a D-80370 handle.

I know what the document says and there may be a marked A1 out there somewhere but I have never seen one and I don't know of anyone else who has seen one. Some time ago I surveyed the telephone lists and no one had a marked A1 or had ever seen a marked A1. More recently Ralph Meyer also did a survey and got the same results - no marked A1.

There are other versions of the A handset Mounting that are marked - just no A1s.

I think the B1 went into production before any marked A1s were made.

This is only a theory but the A1 would be the most common of the A Handset Mountings and I think that it it existed, we would have seen it. However, in 10 years of me asking, not one has surfaced.

Regards
Jack