News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Introduction

Started by electric al, February 18, 2015, 11:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric al

I am a 73 year old retired electrical contractor , with lots of time on my hands!

I have other hobbies , H O gauge trains , electronics repair , small gas engine repair .

AND NOW ............... Telephones !

My collection is only up to six units at present , but I will be hitting the auction sales and yard sales soon !
Never met a phone I didn't like !

Kenton K

Welcome! Glad to have you on-board!

Kenton

Fabius

Welcome! Where are you from?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Phonesrfun

Welcome to the forum, Al!

I was at 6 phones once too.  I put them in a room together and soon I had more.  They're prolific little devils.
-Bill G

JimH

Jim H.

Welcome, I'm a newbie here as well. I started out slow in the beginning, I now have close to 100 phones in my garage and a 1953 phone booth. Along with numerous other things, but that's a whole new story.

Doug

Greg G.

Quote from: electric al on February 18, 2015, 11:32:04 PM
I am a 73 year old retired electrical contractor , with lots of time on my hands!

I have other hobbies , H O gauge trains , electronics repair , small gas engine repair .

AND NOW ............... Telephones !

My collection is only up to six units at present , but I will be hitting the auction sales and yard sales soon !

Awesome! Post some pics in the My Telephone Collection Display board.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Doug Rose

Al....Welcome to the Forum....it is the place to be if you love old Phones.....Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

Welcome to the forum!

Hopefully you stay awhile, we always love people joining this crazy little group! ;D

What kinds of phones do you have now?
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

paul-f

Welcome to the support group.

I hope to see you at a phone show soon.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

HarrySmith

Hi Al! Welcome! you have found the best forum on the net! There is much knowledge and experience here and people who are willing to share & help anytime. A warning about Phoneitis, it is a progressive and incurable disease, as has already been attested to. Your 6 phones will continue to proliferate. Soon you will be looking for more space to put them. Enjoy the madness!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

electric al

Thanks for the welcome.

I think I am going to enjoy the ride !

I live in Pontiac , Quebec , just west of Ottawa .

I will post some pics of my fledgling collection as soon as I figure out HOW !  :-[
Never met a phone I didn't like !

HarrySmith

Oh no! Another one! We are being overrun by Canadians!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Quote from: HarrySmith on February 20, 2015, 08:19:16 AM
Oh no! Another one! We are being overrun by Canadians!

Don't worry, eh. We won't take over, eh. We are just to friendly, eh. Them there teley-phones are startin to look'n mighty fine, eh.
O'Canada we are collecting phones for thee....... To the tune of our national anthem.  ;)

WEBellSystemChristian

Wow, I think we have more Canadian members now than we do any other member!!! :o
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford