News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Teleconcepts Countess

Started by mblythe, June 20, 2016, 01:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mblythe

Hi, I recently acquired a rather small telephone made by Teleconcepts called the "Countess". It's fully functional except that the ringer does not ring. I am using it with an OBi100 digital gateway. I know the ringer voltage can sometimes be an issue, so I already have the RingVoltage set to 85.

It actually has a wiring diagram inside, though I'm having some trouble following it. The ringer is currently wired up as RED -> K, Black -> L1. I tried moving RED to L2, and while it still did not ring, the electromagnet did kick in when I hung up the receiver. So, I get the feeling the ringer is functional, but somehow not hooked up properly.

I've attached a few photos for reference. Would appreciate any thoughts you might have.

Thank you!

paul-f

The phone was rebranded and sold by many companies including GTE, Radio Shack and others - and came in several trim models - even pushbutton.

It usually shows up as the "Cutie."

We have a topic for it...
  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=11272.0
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

mblythe

Interesting, thanks for the topic link. I note that somebody over there mentioned it had a "cliking (ie. no gongs) ringer." That would seem to match what I see inside of mine, though mine isn't even clicking at the moment.