News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

But who is the real Dummy

Started by Doug Rose, December 27, 2010, 08:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I followed this bizarre story with great interest in the past few weeks. A re-known collector buys a dummy with a phone on her belly for 2K on a TV show. He tries to sell said dummy on eBay with non matching phone on belly of dummy for 5K. No takers, so the Dummy with phone is re-listed for 6K. Dummy has alledged value, but is only listed in the telephone catergory. I would assume if it had real value in might be listed under mannequins...etc. Turquoise dummy has a pink phone, not a matching turquoise phone. Sorry aqua! The handset cord re-tractor does not add much to this fine display....but who is the real dummy?....must be me as I sure don't get it. I don't get it at all......Dummy

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEEN-STORAGE-WARS-6-TALL-FEMALE-FIGURE-TELEPHONE-/110629057467?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c20173bb
( dead link 12-06-21 )

Kidphone

stub

Doug,
         I watched the show also and I ccouldn't beleive it either!!!!!  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Jim Stettler

Quote from: NorthernMan on December 28, 2010, 12:16:14 AM
The key is that the producers of shows like this think we are all dummys and believe everything we see. Its a show designed to make money, not to tell the truth, as thats really boring. Another one of those shows had a wood wallphone that they said they were going to sell for $500 .... those phones sell on Ebay for $150 -$250 and are actually tough to sell.
The dummy may have been purchased at a high price .... i am also sure the fee for appearing on the show was more.
I do like to watch those shows for enterainment though.
The Dummy selling the phone is Dan Golden, He sold off 1 telephone collection for over $1,000,000.
Just a point,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.