News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Dismantled (mostly) Corteclo 2554...

Started by twocvbloke, March 01, 2012, 03:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

So, I got the Cortelco today at last, no thanks to the HMRC, and before going off to have a heart monitor removed (another story, nothing to worry about, I hope!!), I took the Cortelco phone apart to see it's guts, and I'm amazed at how "true to form" it is, I was just expecting everything to be attached to the back of the dial, not all these wires going here, there and everywhere, for a modern version of a classic phone, it's pretty good in my eyes... :)

Anyway, it's another Rhonda Waldon phone (I noticed that she inspects many Cortelco phones!! :D ), and the pictures are in no particular order... :)

There is a dial card and cover for the card, I just had it removed for the pics as I had pulled out the Dymo-printer slip with someone's number on, and left the parts out in order to access the screws... :)

twocvbloke

Another 5 pics, that's all I got before the day out to see the nurse and have a wander in Chester-le-street... :D

twocvbloke

I haven't hooked it up yet, but I've "pinged" the bell with my finger and it should sound like this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11RmzNwSaZQ

It's a nice sound in that video, so I'm very happy with that... :)

twocvbloke

So, here's how I propose to connect up the 2554... ;D

1. Remove the sliding plug thing
2. Connect the wires from a matching red cable (on it's way, I hope!!)
3. Route the cable through a convenient cutout in the base of the phone (see pics)
4. Close 'er up, mount it up, plug it in and play... :D

Just need some spades (need to go visit Maplin and be parted with money for things like that, and a box for that home made bellset) to connect the line to the network, and I'll be happy... ;D

And I'm also trying out my new Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet PC thing, this time, taking pictures with the LED flash enabled, I'm impressed actually...  ;D