and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ebay Seller trying to renege on sale

Started by wds, January 10, 2014, 07:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Dave

tallguy58

He may leave neg. feedback, but who cares??  Or can he?
Cheers........Bill

AE_Collector

He probably can't but when you buy it now and don't pay for it you can probably still leave him a second lot of negative feedback! Might finally get ebays attention?

Terry

jsowers

I hate to burst anyone's balloon, but a Buy it Now purchase isn't ended until you pay for it. Or at least that's been my experience.
Jonathan

poplar1

Quote from: jsowers on January 12, 2014, 08:02:57 PM
I hate to burst anyone's balloon, but a Buy it Now purchase isn't ended until you pay for it. Or at least that's been my experience.

On some BIN purchases, you are told to pay immediately--the item can be sold to another buyer unless you pay now. On others, I don't see this warning....perhaps someone who sells on EBay can verify if this is an option chosen by the seller.

And I thought EBay always took the buyer's side over the seller....now I'm beginning to think they are only looking after the company.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

tallguy58

I say everyone here should click the "Make Offer" button and offer the guy $26 to buy it.

Maybe he'd get the message.

Conversely, we should all notify eBay and report that the item was sold and now re-listed.

Check his feedback...he's already pulled this scam once before.
Cheers........Bill

wds

I would bet that if enough people placed a $26 offer he would get the message. 
Dave

tallguy58

Just sent my offer for $26.

He's already had 4 offers.
Cheers........Bill

AE_Collector

That is what I always though. I recently bought a BIN item that I didn't want someone else to snag but was waiting for the seller to confirm that everything would fit in a flat rate box for reduced shipping cost. I did the BIN and then...oh yeah..I have to pay now and the amount isnt finalized. I aborted the pay now screen and was surprised to see that the item was still sold to me and awaiting my payment.

Terry

poplar1

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 12, 2014, 09:27:27 PM

That is what I always though. I recently bought a BIN item that I didn't want someone else to snag but was waiting for the seller to confirm that everything would fit in a flat rate box for reduced shipping cost. I did the BIN and then...oh yeah..I have to pay now and the amount isnt finalized. I aborted the pay now screen and was surprised to see that the item was still sold to me and awaiting my payment.

Terry

And I once bought a -53 red Continental (not -20 Pekin Red) in a BIN, and while I was seeing what else he had just listed instead of paying right away, someone else bought the Continental...this seems to be different from the usual "pay now" screen since it includes the admonition that you "must" pay now or possibly lose it to another bidder.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

twocvbloke

You can as a seller specify whether a buyer has to pay immediately or pay when they're ready to (such as if they're purchasing something else of yours), so sometimes you can buy something and you can peruse what else the seller has, or you have to pay up immediately otherwise someone else can buy it even if you hit the BIN button before they did... :-\

TelePlay

Quote from: twocvbloke on January 12, 2014, 09:39:57 PM
You can as a seller specify whether a buyer has to pay immediately or pay when they're ready to (such as if they're purchasing something else of yours), so sometimes you can buy something and you can peruse what else the seller has, or you have to pay up immediately otherwise someone else can buy it even if you hit the BIN button before they did... :-\

I never paid much attention to this but this is as how I remember buying items that are BIN. I even remember a few listings that as soon as I hit the BIN, a commit to buy button came up and when that was punched, it took me right to the PayPal payment screen. I had no choice other than back out or pay for it right then and there.

TelePlay

Just looked at this auction. The first 5 offers have expired. Two more offers are still pending, and will also most likely become expired.

Seven offers, imagine that, and I bet the average offer was/is $26 . . .   8)

AE_Collector

Quote from: TelePlay on January 16, 2014, 11:07:18 PM
Seven offers, imagine that, and I bet the average offer was/is $26 . . .   8)

Nope.....$25.99.   :)

Terry