News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

eBay 320556786281 1916 STROMBERG-CARLSON AUTOMATIC HANDSET TELEPHONE

Started by Doug Rose, July 03, 2010, 10:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

It truly doesn't get any better than this!

Bingster...Name that Price!!!!!

Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

WOW! That is absolutely stunning! Excellent restoration! Who is the seller? I do not recognize the name. My guess is $2500.00.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Quote from: HarrySmith on July 03, 2010, 11:48:13 AM
WOW! That is absolutely stunning! Excellent restoration! Who is the seller? I do not recognize the name. My guess is $2500.00.
Seller is ATCA Member Dave Justice. He does marvelous work.....Doug
Kidphone

rdelius

I do not think this is what they think it is I beleive it is a selectophone base and cradle with an AE dial  and aSC? handset. I beleive it is a frankenphone.
Robby

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

HarrySmith

Thanks Doug, I still do not recognize the name.

Even if it is a frankenphone it is still gorgeous!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Quote from: rdelius on July 03, 2010, 11:54:24 AM
I do not think this is what they think it is I believe it is a selectophone base and cradle with an AE dial  and aSC? handset. I beleive it is a frankenphone.
Robby
Robby....I think it looks like my Kellogg Grab A phone base. The cradle is different, but looks real. SC and Kellogg had a lot of the same parts. Myself, I do not think its a "frankenphone" and the decal on the ringer box is utterly amazing. Just my two cents.

If it is a 'frankenphone" (I'm not keen on this term as it insinuates parts that shouldn't be together like a G1 on and A1)  I'd put it in my collection any day of the week......Doug
Kidphone

rdelius

The base is more like the early AE base used on the pre type 21 sticks.I do not know what company made the selectophone parts or did Screw Machine Products made everything. I had worked on these sets when I worked for Chicago old Telephone co.
It is a nice set though.
Robby