News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE34 and Kellogg Ashtray

Started by tell302man, May 29, 2016, 09:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tell302man

I think I got a good deal today at the flea market! I have never seen a Kellogg Ashtray that is crack and chip free! This one is!!! The AE was just a bonus! Got them both for 135 which is a lot but they are both excellent minus the gasket on the AE34!

AE_Collector

Yes I would think the 34 is worth that on its own. I didn't need another 34 myself but when I found one for $75 ish at an Antique Mall a couple of years ago it followed me home.

Terry

tell302man

Do you know a place that does repro gaskets for the bottom of the phone?

TelePlay

Quote from: tell302man on May 29, 2016, 11:54:46 PM
Do you know a place that does repro gaskets for the bottom of the phone?

This source was posted 3 years ago, don't know if they are still available.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=9265.0

Many references to Gary Goff on the forum and the gasket which seems to fit several AE bases. Here's another.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1427.msg18596#msg18596

Doug Rose

Two beauties but the Bakelite on these guys are not very durable, especially the Kellogg where tiny chips can be found around the bottom or cracks in the cups. The AE34 is known to lose parts of Bakelite from the vents.

If they are solid and complete, you got one hell of a deal! Some kid selling Dad's collection? ....Doug
Kidphone

tell302man

Thanks for the replies! I now have four of the AE34 phones and they are without a doubt one of the most beautiful phones ever made! Thanks for the info on the gaskets!

HarrySmith

I just purchased a couple of the gaskets from Gary. They fit perfectly and are priced reasonably.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

tell302man

I am having a good weekend! Metal 302 for 25 dollars!

Pourme

Quote from: tell302man on May 30, 2016, 04:35:02 PM
I am having a good weekend! Metal 302 for 25 dollars!

It was your weekend!...Congrats!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

19and41

Nice haul!  I have yet to see a AE34 outside of an MGM movie.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Pourme

Quote from: 19and41 on May 31, 2016, 01:46:19 PM
Nice haul!  I have yet to see a AE34 outside of an MGM movie.

Me either...Here locally all I ever find are over priced 500's and 302's....They don't lower them even though they sit on the shelf for months on end....I don't know why they think they are worth so much.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

tell302man

I really have a disease when it comes to these phones. I buy them all the time and have an enormous collection. I am guessing 500 phones at least. I probably have 150 302s.

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: tell302man on May 31, 2016, 06:17:01 PM
I really have a disease when it comes to these phones. I buy them all the time and have an enormous collection. I am guessing 500 phones at least. I probably have 150 302s.
Do you have a collection topic? You should post some pictures. You know we REALLY like phone pictures... ::)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Jim Stettler

Quote from: tell302man on May 31, 2016, 06:17:01 PM

If you have enough phones to guess at-least 500, Then you most likely have more than that.
JMO,
Jim S.
(Part of the at-least 500 club)
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

tell302man

Well as an example this is just my nightstand lol!