News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Restored 302

Started by tell302man, June 06, 2016, 09:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tell302man

I purchased a box of old phones several weeks ago. It had a 302, 5302, and a Siemon's telephone that the receiver mounted sideways. Well I restored the 302 and just finished and I am happy with the way it looks. I got all the phones and another part for 60 dollars.

oldguy

Very nice job tell302man. What a difference before & after.
Gary

Contempra

Nicely done tell302man...It's great to see an old phone restored.

tell302man

Only paid 15 dollars for it. It really looks nice. I usually don't buy the plastic ones anymore because of fear of corner cracks. This one is crack free though!!! Thanks for the nice comments!

tell302man

Here are the other things in that box. I am not exactly sure what the one thing is.

Matilo Telephones

Nice haul for a nice price! And a good job on that 302 too. Looks great again.

Isn't that "thing" an early field Phone handset? Is the handle adjustable in lenght?

That Siemens is a Fg tist 282. One of the very few telephones that made it into the MOMA collection.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

poplar1

Since WE didn't make number rings for 5302s with AE dials, someone painted over the numbers and letters, which would not have lined up correctly. "Cut the suit to fit the cloth. Make the best of what you have."
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Dan/Panther

Nothing better than a restored phone.

Dan

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

Dan....I agree 100%. I have restored 100s of telephones, whether for myself or for sale. I always feel the joy when I have completed a refurb and brought a telephone back from the dead. Keeping history alive!!....Doug
Kidphone

tell302man

I am not sure it the handle extends outward. It does move and is flexible for sure. It has a mountain of old electrical tape around it right now.

andre_janew

That could mean that it is broken.

TelePlay

Quote from: tell302man on June 07, 2016, 07:29:19 PM
I am not sure it the handle extends outward. It does move and is flexible for sure. It has a mountain of old electrical tape around it right now.

Can you post a photo of that?

tell302man

Photo of it.