News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric Desk Stand Rack Identification Needed

Started by jfisher, April 03, 2018, 07:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfisher

I have a 151AL that I am trying to bring back to life. The photo below shows the rack that came with the desk stand but I don't believe it is correct. This is a side tone when I want anti side tone. If this isn't the correct rack can I upgrade if parts are available or acquire a replacement rack. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jerry

RB

Looks like my 40. thats a 3 blade switch.
you need a 4, i believe.
no wizard, by a long shot, but would spect a 4 blade switch may slip right in?
don't think it is much larger, and should fit.
now, if it needs to be original...well???

jfisher

Hi RB, 

I think you are correct it is a definitely a sidetone rack. I,m up to adding a 4th blade switch but not sure where to find parts, if they are available. Doesn't have to be original although I would prefer it.

Thanks
Jerry

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

jfisher

jfisher

I was able to convert the rack shown above to a 4 blade switch without too much difficulty. I purchased a complete reproduction rack and transferred the 4 blade switch assembly to the old rack. The only issue was the top screw from the new switch was the wrong diameter for the old rack and the top screw from the old rack was too short. I was able to find a screw and now I have an anti sidetone switch rack and the 151AL is complete. I mated the desk stand with a 684 subset and it works great. I want to thank everyone from the forum for their help.

Jerry

RB

Glad you got that workin Jerry!
Interesting about the screws.
Good to know if the...uh...opportunity??? comes up again. lol.

HarrySmith

I did something similar a few years back. I created a 5302P/U. i dded an LED light with a repro hood and needed the extra leaf to operate the light. I took one leaf from a junker 302 and had the same problem you had, the screws were too short. IIRC I took the screws from a 500 switch that worked fine. I think there is a thread on here about it.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"