News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Anyone heard from matt lately?

Started by Steve, February 21, 2010, 12:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremylivin

I'd have to examine them closer, but even in drab black and white I see a few that have potential.

And maybe with a fresh coat of paint some of them could be considered decent.

As my dad used to say "any old barn looks better with a fresh coat of paint".   ;D
Jeremy Livingston

Craig T

Which one do you like best D/P? I even see two full smiles with the teeth from two of the women, possibly still considered improper for the time? Not another smile in the room, great pic!

Dan/Panther

I'm in love with this girl...
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Craig T

Ok I found her, I actually thought it might be the second girl in from the left hand side, which is the girl standing to our right of the girl by the postal scale. (the girl by the scale is in front of the one in front of the door.

Anyhow, she kinda looks like Drew Barrymore is why I thought that. She has dark wavy hair. Man I gotta get some of that circle and point in the picture software  :)

Wallphone

It's kind of hard to get excited over someone older than your Grandmother.
I think the girl with the corner of the desk next to her cheek is a nice looking red head with green eyes.
But it looks like another girl is ready to make a move on her. So I guess that I'm too late by about 90 years.
Dougpav

Dan/Panther

Jeremylivin;
There is no amount of makeup going to make the rest of those girls attractive.
If I saw some of the men walking down the street, I'd cross over to avoid them.
People just don't look like that anymore. Look at the Fatty Arbuckle guy in front, most of the men look like those early thirties prison photos.
I see girls in high school now, that if they were in my high school back in 1967, I wouldn't have learned a darn thing. I'd a been slipping all over the place in my drool.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

That's a pretty cool picture D/P.  I do agree that the folks don't look all that attractive to us today, but we don't like their hair, clothes, and etc, and hair and clothes make a big difference. 

AET

Yeah, the hair and clothes thing is true.  My favorite era for women's clothes and hair would be from after WWII until the mid 60's.  I like a lady with pincurls and a pretty dress, hard to find these days.  There's some on the Fedora Lounge, but that's a story for another day.
- Tom

bwanna

i am curious about the year/place of this photo. obviously an office christmas party...but why isn't anyone smiling? it looks like there are as many gals as guys, so what kind of business would employ so many women? (in this era) i considered maybe the party included spouses. but i think couples would be paired up for a photo, if that were the case. the one gal has what looks like a phony police hat....was she the office lush? i don't think they are all that ugly. if you look around your own workplace, how many people would you actually consider attractive? unless you work at a modeling agency or something :o
donna

jeremylivin

Yeah I agree.

There's a lot of ugly ladies in my office!!!

Maybe we just notice the pretty ones more and focus on them these days because they flaunt it and wear revealing clothing ect?

Who would even notice an ugly girl when there's a hottie in a mini skirt right over there?!    :D
Jeremy Livingston

McHeath

Quoteif you look around your own workplace, how many people would you actually consider attractive? unless you work at a modeling agency or something

I think you are dead on there bwanna.  At my school sites the employees are not exactly going to win awards for beauty.  Each site has a couple of people who are really attractive, male or female, and most are average and some are simply unattractive.  It seems that the percentage of really pretty people is probably pretty low, maybe 5-10% of the overall population, which is probably also the percentage of unattractive people, the rest are simply average looking. 

I could post the last staff picture to prove my point but won't as it's not a good idea.

Of course when we watch TV or movies they only hire the 5-10% of beautiful people to work for them.

Dennis Markham

And remember.........beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

jeremylivin

Quote from: Dennis Markham on March 05, 2010, 10:22:25 AM
And remember.........beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I thought beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder.    ;D
Jeremy Livingston

Wallphone

Everyone knows that all the beautiful people hang around at Walmart.
> http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?page_id=9804 <
Dougpav

jeremylivin

Quote from: Wallphone on March 05, 2010, 11:17:37 AM
Everyone knows that all the beautiful people hang around at Walmart.
> http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?page_id=9804 <
Dougpav

Ok thanks!

Now I've got to gouge my eyes out with a spoon.
Jeremy Livingston