News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

C-NET Up

Started by Fabius, January 30, 2015, 02:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

I now have the first C-NET line set up as incoming line CO3 into the Panasonic 616. I can call out using any 616 phone. Would someone be kind enough to give me a call so I see that incoming C-NET calls work. Thanks. 1-821-9905

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

WesternElectricBen

Tom, I called and it rang. Yet after a few rings it had seemed like somebody picked up, but nobody said anything.

Ben

Fabius

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on January 30, 2015, 05:28:00 PM
Tom, I called and it rang. Yet after a few rings it had seemed like somebody picked up, but nobody said anything.

Ben

It rang and I answered. I could hear you but you couldn't hear me. I made a outgoing test call and it was good. I need to test incoming later. Thanks.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Mr. Bones

I tried at 1651, and later, at 1727...

Initially I was using an early 554, then thought that it might require DTMF. Most often, I get a fast busy (reorder?) tone, or it tells me that it is not a valid number.

I have to guess that the problem lies with me, since young master Ben got there... Ben, were you over the POTS? or using C*NET to C*NET?

Me? I dialed 1-206-203-6610... went through msg, and old dial tone.
Dialed 1-821-9905. Sometimes get the busy, sometimes, even immediately upon touching the 1, get not valid number.

Please advise, and help me alleviate at least one facet of my ignorance. I truly hate going to bed feeling more ignorant than even when I got up! :o

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Fabius

Quote from: Mr. Bones on January 30, 2015, 09:31:42 PM
I tried at 1651, and later, at 1727...

I have to guess that the problem lies with me, since young master Ben got there... Ben, were you over the POTS? or using C*NET to C*NET?

Me? I dialed 1-206-203-6610... went through msg, and old dial tone.
Dialed 1-821-9905. Sometimes get the busy, sometimes, even immediately upon touching the 1, get not valid number.

I had the system down from about 17:20 to 20:00 Central Time. Feel free to try again.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Mr. Bones

Quote from: Fabius on January 30, 2015, 09:36:32 PM
I had the system down from about 17:20 to 20:00 Central Time. Feel free to try again.
Thanks, Tom!

I'm obviously missing something simple...

I get to the gateway fine, when I try to dial 1-821-9905 with DTMF, it kicks out at the pressing of 1, and tells me "I am sorry, that's not a valid extension." with rotary, it takes a bit longer, and either get the same, or 'fast busy'.

Tried before, and just now, to dial it, minus the 1, it says email (something?) failed.

Both rotary, and DTMF phones are through my 616.

Hmmm, puzzling to me. ??? I'm sure somebody has the answer, though.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

Terrence, I called via c*net. I had no idea you could use pots to connect to c*net.

Goodnight,
Ben

Fabius

Quote from: Mr. Bones on January 30, 2015, 10:17:22 PM

I get to the gateway fine, when I try to dial 1-821-9905 with DTMF, it kicks out at the pressing of 1, and tells me "I am sorry, that's not a valid extension." with rotary, it takes a bit longer, and either get the same, or 'fast busy'.

Tried before, and just now, to dial it, minus the 1, it says email (something?) failed.

Have you been to the C-NET homepage? Lots of info and also a link to send questions. Maybe that portal number doesn't like the 616 or visa versa?

https://www.ckts.info/
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

xhausted110

Quote from: Mr. Bones on January 30, 2015, 10:17:22 PM
Quote from: Fabius on January 30, 2015, 09:36:32 PM
Thanks, Tom!

Hmmm, puzzling to me. ??? I'm sure somebody has the answer, though.

Best regards!
You could try my portal, (914) 662-9544 dial 1 and the number (in touchtones) at the dial tone. Keep in mind that all of my tones are European, so the ringback tone and dial tone are a single tone instead of the dual tone American ones.
- Evan

Mr. Bones

Thanks, Evan!

Will try when I get off the phone to TX. Just tried @ 1300~

I greatly appreciate the invite. Already tried straight phone to POTS, same results as before... maybe this will work... <fingers crossed>

Thanks, and best regards!

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

xhausted110

Aw, crap. You don't dial 1+ on my system. it's just the 7 digit number. sorry for any confusion.
- Evan