"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Xlink Gateway rigged to PBX.

Started by Greg G., April 29, 2010, 02:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Knighton

Quote from: Brinybay on May 08, 2010, 01:27:33 PM
It's not the router that's interfering with it though.  It behaves the same way whether it's in another area of my apartment, or in close proximity to the router, that is the audio quality greatly decreases when the cell phone is more than two feet away. 

How did this finally work out for you?  Did you decide to keep it with the cell phone within a couple of feet?
Annoying new poster.

Greg G.

Quote from: George Knighton on December 26, 2012, 09:14:38 PM
Quote from: Brinybay on May 08, 2010, 01:27:33 PM
It's not the router that's interfering with it though.  It behaves the same way whether it's in another area of my apartment, or in close proximity to the router, that is the audio quality greatly decreases when the cell phone is more than two feet away. 

How did this finally work out for you?  Did you decide to keep it with the cell phone within a couple of feet?

I always kept the cell phone next to the X-link when I was using my rotary phones on that setup.  I eventually changed to a POTS line and retired the X-link.  Somebody here said there's an upgrade for the X-link that can be downloaded that will improve the audio quality.  I still have my X-link, but no idea where my USB adapter is to be able to upgrade it.  It's not something I have on my to-do list anyway.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

dsk

As you see of the 1938 catalogue, max 60 mA.
This ar avalable here, http://www.nb.no/nbsok/nb/f67ea4354db62c66da9048128c34b58d?index=2#35
but you may need to use a tunneling service.

dsk