News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The price is right for a parts phone...

Started by Greg G., September 16, 2009, 05:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

...and if they were closer, I would probably would get it (45 minute drive for me).  A mahogany colored ITT:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/hsh/1376547602.html   ( dead link 03-02-21 )

A picture of the bottom and more info they sent me:

QuoteHere's a pic of bottom. Hope that helps. This phone is not heavy duty. Says ITT on top in between cradle. In good condition but needs cleaning. Ringer dial on bottom seems to be missing or broken.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dennis Markham

The missing "ringer dial" may mean the ringer is missing.  I've never seen one where the volume control wheel was broken off and the ringer remained.  Beware of that.

Greg G.

Quote from: Dennis Markham on September 17, 2009, 12:13:34 AM
The missing "ringer dial" may mean the ringer is missing.  I've never seen one where the volume control wheel was broken off and the ringer remained.  Beware of that.

That's what I was thinking too.  But I was really only interested in the outer parts.  I have a black Kellogg/ITT and was thinking of swapping out the base in mine to make it a brown one.  But the seller said this one doesn't say Kellogg on it.  No matter, it's too far to drive anyway.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e