News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Flower on bottom of phone

Started by HowardPgh, September 19, 2012, 10:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HowardPgh

I have a Northern Electric 302 with this flower stamped on the bottom. Does it mean anything? I got this picture form another older post.-Howard
Howard

LarryInMichigan

That question has been asked here before.  The answer was that it was probably a stamp from a refurbisher.

Larry

AE_Collector

I was just going to say that this has been discussed here before but who knows where and I can not recall what it meant. Refurbished somewhere in particular or owned by a particular company?

If you were able to find the picture in another post, doesn't that post come to a conclusion as to what it meant? Why not add this question to the older post asking if anyone knows if the flower or snow flake on a northern electric phone likely has the same meaning?

Terry

poplar1

These were refurbished by Hallmark House (AKA Black Panther Trading Co.) in Springfield, MA.

In the 70s they ran an ad every week in Telephony (trade magazine). "Our renewed overseas contract calls for quantities of 'off the lines' telephones."

"Overseas" was actually 90 miles down the Mass. Turnpike to the Radio Shack warehouse in Braintree, MA. In a good week we shipped out 400 phones. I found a nile green AE40 and rose 302 the year I worked there.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

HowardPgh

The older post was about Show us your 5302s.
The refurb part makes sense to me.  When I bought the phone I was hoping it was going to be all Northern Electric, but it had a mix of W.E. parts in it.
Howard
Howard