News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Two Years Ago Thursday

Started by Dan/Panther, September 22, 2012, 01:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

It was two years ago this past Thursday that my friend Kawliga passed away.
My daughter heard commotion out front by the fence. Right in the spot where I found him dead, a Coyote was howling on the other side of the fence.
It is longer between episodes of thinking about him, but none the less painful when I do.
Dennis, I still have your card posted right under his Photo.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AE_Collector

A sad anniversary for sure. Two years already though, I recall the discussion like it was a few months ago. Did you get another dog?

Terry

Dan/Panther

Terry;
It took me a year to even consider it. A friend had a Male sheltie, that she needed to place. He was 8 months old. I took him and avoided getting attached. After about 3 months living here I started to warm up to him, and started house training him. About a months, and much hesitation on my part, he started to spend the night on my bed. 3 months later on this past January,13, (FRIDAY),  my Mom was taking the kids to school, She hit him with her car, and killed him.
His name was LOBO, since kawliga was killed, I've haven't been the same, just not as motivated as before, and after Lobo was killed, I even went into a depression, that I'm not fully out of yet.
D/P

AE_Collector

Yes now that you have reminded me, I recall reading that post as well. Luck definitely hasn't been on your side.

I am pretty sure that I said this before but you can't let the bad luck get you down too badly as there are lots and lots of animals out there that will be much worse off without you, a good pet owner. When the opportunity comes along like it did with Lobo you have to take a chance and try again. Just think that you are doing it for the animal that needs a home.

Terry

Dan/Panther

I have since acquired Lobo's Mother. I have bred Her to Kawligas Brother, and she is due October 3. I can only pray for my hearts desire. :D ;)
D/P

McHeath

I still think about your loss Dan, not a good anniversary to have.  All the best.