News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Back In Service!

Started by Babybearjs, January 14, 2015, 11:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well, while rearranging my phones in my shed, I came across this... I bought this back in 2007 and added the subset in 2010.... completely restored this to service and didn't have a home for it.... so it sat in storage for a couple of years.... wanted to add a small phone in the guest room and figured this could work. hooked it up and found the audio was bad.... tinkered with it and found the mic was bad.... replaced that and now it works great! the ringer is very quiet, as I has to double up on the capacitor as you can see... the second bell is a 12 VDC alarm bell which I can use as a ICM ringer.... if I wire in a 2 way switch, then it can be used as a local extension with a ICM capabilities... but, for now... I'll just leave it as a extension phone... this is my first 202 phone....
John

WEBellSystemChristian

Very nice!

I think that subset is an AE, although it looks pretty good with a 202! ;)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Babybearjs

It is. It originally had a 48 volt buzzer were the induction coil is now. the unit is new old stock and was originally a C.O. alarm subset. trying to get these 202's are quite hard as they are so collectable. I think they were the inspiration for the princess telephone... as they are both compact and beautiful! wonder just how popular could these have been had they been kept in production and made out of thermoplastic. they could have given the 302 a run for its money!
John